Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installed ti 4800se - graphics still crap

• 01-09-2003 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

hello there
    got a creative ti 4800se today and installed it on my gigabyte ga-7zmmh and games are just like they were with integrated graphics, . gigabyte website said install gfx card then reboot pc,job done. did all that but still crap graphics,. downloaded latest detonator drivers 45.23,but no change and also the newest directx 9. for the properties of the card it mentions a location-PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0 , should this not be agp?. also mentions irq 11 on ti4800se screen in display settings. have xp1600,40 gb hd,256 mb ram.any ideas i am desperate to get it working properly
    cheers derek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

I'm not being smart, but did you change the settings in your games to take advantage of the new graphics card?

Can you run 3d mark and give us a score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

ran 3dmark 2001 and got 7195 which is well below average i think. games on 3d mark test look brillant,loads of detail, but when i run vice city or conflict desert storm they just look the way it was with integrated graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

the games are probably still running on the old card. They won't know to change over to the new one until you tell them
    Try the setup for the game, or the game options. It will say something like
    "Primary graphics......"
    "Secondary Graphics GFX 4800"
    Make sure the game knows to use the secondary.
    Some systems let you disable the on-board graphics from the BIOS so check that out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

tell you what ill swap ya, ive got a riva tnt2 64m 32mb grafix card. games run ok, and they look ok.

since ok is better than crap, do you want to swap your crap card. theres a packet of tayto in it for ya!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

You did plug the monitor into the new card, didn't you?

Check that windows is using the new card as the primary display driver. If not, try to disable the old one in the BIOS or in the device manager.

Which version of windows are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Dont forget to set it in the bios as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

seems to be working better now for some reason. 3d mark for integrates s3 graphics is about 700 my card if definetly working now. thanks for the help anyway. what setting do ye use for agp aperature, read some where before that 64mb is sufficient. any other bios settings to improve things? i have enabled fast writes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

so...

you don't want to swap then?

Advertisement