Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a printer photo with cd printing capabalities

• 01-09-2003 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a printer (preferaably epson as Hp carts are too expenisive) it must have Photo printing and CD printing if possible can any one reccomend on. I saw the Epson 900 in pcworld for 149.99 but it didnt specify if it could print to CD. Any one have any ideas. Price rang say is 175 pushing it.
    Thanks again lads
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

One thing that might be useful to remember is that anything that prints directly onto CDs must have (at least an option for) a straight paper path (I'd assume this means take CD in at back and spit out the front onto the paper tray), seeing as you can't fold a CD like you do with sheets of paper in most printers...

Also, I seem to remember seeing a dedicated CD-printer (TDK?) for about 150? Can't remember whether it was in Argos or Compustore I saw it...

Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yep i believe its compustore that sell the TDK cd-printer.. think its a thermal one.

Personally you're much better off purchasing a quality inkjet printer and a stack of cd-label sheets or cd-label software (they come with the necessary templates, and label pressing kits), probably slightly quicker as well, if that bit more hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi Guys
    Thanks for the replys my onlt worry with labeling kits is they unbalance the spinning of the cd for eg home movie dvd's etc.
    What Inkjet would you reccomend and where to buy it from.

Thanks
    Mick

Advertisement