Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover Letter for my situation

• 01-09-2003 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

At present I am free lance web designer. While I am making a living (Just about), I a have decided to return to my first occupation - Quantity Surveying/ Construction/ Contracts Manager.

The money is not in IT. I would also like to buy a house in the near future. Almost impossible in my position, so its back to full time employment.

Thankfully, there seams to be plenty of info in that department.

I read the Sticky Cover Letter and it did help a bit, but:

Now, my question is how can I word my cover letter so I dont sound that I am only doing this becuse I can be better paid or something similar.

Any thoughts as to how i should word cover letter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Just an idea but your potential employer will have no idea of your financial situation.

You could say you were one of the lucky ones, and you rode through the bubble and crash unscaved because you kept your cool and solid client base (you know some people did), but web design wasn't satisfying you any more.

And you are looking to return to your first love.

Advertisement