Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jsut got the trinity orientation pack

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by disco_rob_funk
    my two cents coming right up...

You forgot the LawSoc. As for a rating see Metaphysical in disco_rob_funk's post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

gom did you manage to have time for all of those? Whats wrong with the rifle club, i was definitly planing on joining it. Whats Ie2 when its at home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fiachs

1E2 is Engineering Mathematics Two.

It includes Elementary Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Differential Equations, Intro to Partial Derivatives and some other fun stuff. Here's the course page -

http://www.maths.tcd.ie/pub/official/Courses00-01/1E2.html

It isn't too bad, but if you leave everything to the end of the year, then you're going to screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by disco_rob_funk
    Hist(orical soc.) - self-important tosspots

Phil(osophical soc.) - equally self-important tosspots

Judo - Supposedly ok according to a pal

Yeppers, I can vouch for that. I joined Judo, Phil and Hist last year and what you've said about the Phil and Hist I find to be incredibly accurate :D However, some of my best nights out during the college term have been with the Judo lads. PLUS the judo instructor is amazing and a hella nice guy.
    So basically what I found out is - Don't join any society that just promises pi$$ups cuz they probably won't deliver or if they do, it'll just be filled with ar$eholes (i.e. Phil and Hist).

hmm i know most of that stuff on E2 allready so that looks good. i Will join the Judo club, and i have roped a friend in as well. It had better be fun. :p

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Boston
    hmm i know most of that stuff on E2 allready so that looks good. i Will join the Judo club, and i have roped a friend in as well. It had better be fun. :p

Yep, so long as fun for you is going to the cold upper levels of the gymnasium twice a week for two hours each time and enjoying a world of pain :D Nah, only joking, its great really, you'll pick the stuff up real quick. Anyway, we usu all head over to the pav after each class for a drink or three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭dragonkin

Also doing engineering and I'm planning to do the chemistry course on monday. I'm coming up from limerick and am moving into trinity hall on the 26th.. for a while at least, anybody else from boards going to be there?

I'm planning on joining loads of societys and clubs to meet people, netsoc will be in there somewhere among many others :)

Boston I might see you around on the chemistry course :)

dk

jesus your here almost as long as moi, but with only 73 posts. I'm pretty sure you will see me, i kinda stand out in a crowd. You got accomdation in trinity hall? very nice. though you will have to be home by 12 most nights i think (?) Nice gettign to know yea over the next few years. Probably join netsoc myself. wouldn't go to mad on the old clubs though, you haven't seeen the time table yet,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭dragonkin

12 ?!? god I hope thats not true.. if it is I'll be packing my bags fairly quickly.
    I've heard that engineering is about 40 hours a week, with huge dropouts but hopefully it will be worth it in the end, just need to stick it out :)
    yeah I'm not too active on boards, although I do look in occassionally.
    Anyways I will be around all chemistry week so look out for me, I look like... well I look fairly normal I guess.. I'm the one with the stupid grin second from the left

Didn't meet you there, probably run into each other sometime. What did you think of everyone, kinda got the feeling most people where sound enough.

• Advertisement

joined the hist because they promised me free sandwadges, got there and there was none, bastards. anywho joined judo squash and go karting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

I joined the lawsoc, tae kwon do, netsoc, basketball. Anyone go to the faculty of arts meeting (what a load of rubbish!!)??

joined the hist because they promised me free sandwadges, got there and there was none, bastards. anywho joined judo squash and go karting

Hey Boston, you didn't get the name(s) of the guys/girls at the judo stand didn you?

one guy had glasses and cool hair, the other had vodka, which was nice.

I didn't go to that meeting in the arts building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

I joined judo, dubes, yoga, the hist, netsoc and the sfsoc but I couldn't find the go karting and golf peoples. I gots free drink for joining :)

wwhats the dubes, i saw them, looked liek they where selling popcorn.

one guy had glasses and cool hair, the other had vodka, which was nice.

I didn't go to that meeting in the arts building.

Hey Boston, just in case you (and honeymonster) are interested. all the martial arts societies are giving a demonstration in the GMB on thursday at about 1pm. If you don't know where the GMB is - its the building that the Phil and the Hist are in (big one in front of the campanile and next to the buttery). I 'think' the demo is upstairs, but don't quote me on that.
    Basically representatives from all the martial arts clubs go there and give a demo of what they can do. Judo should be good as normal (cuz when we train, we don't give much quarter to each other - expect a few "oooohs" and "fcuk, that looked sore"). Also, have a look at the Aikido guys - some of the wristlocks they can do are amazing.

Advertisement