Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtles

• 01-09-2003 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi there

Does anyone know if it's legal to own turtles in Ireland?

The little ones who swim about and generally just look cool as opposed to the big ones who look curiously like elderly men.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Captive bred turtles with Cites certificates are ok to own.But they are expensive.
    Richie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

ON PARNELL STREET
    HAS YELLOW BELLY TURTLES.
    AND SOME COOL RIVER TURTLES
    THAT LIVE IN AQUARIUMS WITH FISH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Turtles can be got easily especially red eared sliders aka terrapins, these are the small little guys seen in pet shops, what most pet shops don't tell customers is that these cute tiny guys will become the size of dinner plates!!! so most turtles eventualy grow too big for most people.

My local pet shop in portlaoise has a tank full of tiny terrapins they are soo cute but they cost €30 each & will require a very large tank! my tank is 4ft long by 2ft wide I have 5 red earded sliders now & they really need a bigger tank (they will move into the pond next year! & have a special heated turtle house)

Do lots of research before you buy any animal/turtle as far too many are abandoned when they grow too big (iguanas are often dumped when they outgrow their tanks!)

Regards

Faye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

FAYE!! :D
    You got friends for buffy giles and faith?? How r they doing? Plz give them head scratches and a dog biccy from their old owner? ;)

(Would have phoned but lost ur number along with my sim card lol) ;)

B

Advertisement