Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for leaving cert grinds

• 01-09-2003 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hey there - can anyone out there recommend any good grinds teachers or grind schools to me? I'm doing my leaving cert this year and think I'm going to be needing maths (higher) and business studies (higher) - and maybe even Irish & French too (all higher) - south dublin area - all suggestions welcome
    capta :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by capta
    hey there - can anyone out there recommend any good grinds teachers or grind schools to me? I'm doing my leaving cert this year and think I'm going to be needing maths (higher) and business studies (higher) - and maybe even Irish & French too (all higher) - south dublin area - all suggestions welcome
    capta :confused:

Post a sign in a UCD notice board.

Someone there will most likely want the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd love the money for the maths grinds and I live in south dublin(knocklyon to be specific), but if I wanted to be fair to you I'd recommend highly going to Johnny Brown in the Institute for maths higher level grinds.
    He is the best maths teacher in the country that i know of and I know a lot of people who would say the same. I got my A in maths because of his teaching.

Similarly Serge Berot in the Institute is reknowned for being an excellent teacher.
    I had him for 3 months last year, I went from a C in pass to a C in honours due to his teaching, I'd recommend him strongly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 richiej

hi capta - if you're i the south dublin area you could try the Dun Laoghaire Tuition Centre which is right in the centre of Dun Laoghaire - visit www.dltc.ie - I got Leaving Cert Honours Maths grinds there last year and was really happy with Maurice the teacher there - he gave great solutions - the classes had only about 8 people in them so we got good individual attention and it was only about 150 euro (i think) for 10 hours class tuition - also they do some other subjects (including Junior Cert subjects) so they might be able to help you with your Irish & French etc
    hope this helps you - they helped me!!
    richie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

speaking of grinds, i was looking for somewhere to do physics and french grinds.
    I was looking to go to the institute but they put up their fees by €330 and i wasnt expecting that...so does anyone know somewhere good and not too far away? (i live on the northside)
    =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

well keeping in mind the institute is a hole, you wont find a better physics teacher then pat doyle. Got me an A1 and i knew nothing about physics starting sixth year. As for french, serge is meant to be pretty good. Well worth the money if your goign to get those results, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah you're right, i went to grinds yesterday and it was great especially physics!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Pat do the whole, i'll finish with 20 minutes to spare milarky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 astazee

hey, im in third yr trinity college and im fluent at speaking irish.I got an A1 in honours Irish in the leaving cert and can help boost anyones grades in both the oral and written parts of the exam!! I give grinds on a one to one basis(unless you choose to do it with a friend or something)I live in south dublin so if you need help just contact me on 0863577159...you can txt me for any info you need........ most importantly dont stress too much its just an exam :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please don't dredge up old threads.
    Closed and post moved to proper thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement