Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kazaa file names

Options
  • 01-09-2003 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

as im sure everyone is aware and any kazaa users have been annoyed by at sum point, its the file names, i recently downloaded a reasonably large file (737mb) that was named as something but wen i looked at it it was a diff file altogether, so i went into properties and hit rename, it renamed the filename ok but wen i run kazaa i see the file being downloaded by others from me. The filename is comeing up as the changed one but the "title" has the original name and i cant seem to change it so that othersdont get thewrong file. any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

just move it out of the download folder like everyone else does so no one can download it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Originally posted by Stekelly
    as im sure everyone is aware and any kazaa users have been annoyed by at sum point, its the file names, i recently downloaded a reasonably large file (737mb) that was named as something but wen i looked at it it was a diff file altogether, so i went into properties and hit rename, it renamed the filename ok but wen i run kazaa i see the file being downloaded by others from me. The filename is comeing up as the changed one but the "title" has the original name and i cant seem to change it so that othersdont get thewrong file. any ideas?

So you are saying that the title file has been renamed but the title is different? okay the reason for this is that the meta data has not been updated. meta data [title, artist etc] can be updated via several programs incl. WinMX.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Can't you add a comment like you can in emule to let people know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Why did you post this in Net/Comms?
    Do people even bother reading the charter for this board anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

You should use a program called sig2dat if you want to make sure that you are downloading the right file.

Do a search on google for more information.

• Advertisement
Advertisement