Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

something I wrote

• 01-09-2003 9:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

well guessing from the name of the forum i spose i can throw this in here.. wrote this a few nights ago in a haze, I like it.
    Thought And Life

'm sittin here, smokin a joint and listenin to a bit of leonard cohen and an idea struck me.
    it wasn't a very pleasant idea...it involved a candle, chains, a firelighter and a box of matches.. so after a few moments enthusiastic consideration i shelved this idea for later.. and pondered anew.

some few tokes later, my fingers poised expectantly over the keyboard of my laptop.. i realised that I didn't really have any ideas at all...my mind was a blank!
    now this shocked me as normally my mind is buzzing with ideas and possibilities and delightfully multicoloured pixies and koalla bears. It occured to me that perhaps our thoughts are alive, perhaps our minds are tiny little universes, filled with tiny little galaxies and planets.. and on these planets reside.. our thoughts.
    Now the doorway to our minds is a fickle thing, and can often be persuaded to shrink or even expand (as many of our more promiment drug users shall be aware of) to allow new and exciting ideas through..ideas that our normal 'door' or "state of mind" block from entering the domain of "real".. or OUR world..

thus, in smoking or taking mind altering and expanding drugs.. we are actually giving life, to millions upon millions of tiny little thoughts that spring into our mind and entertain us, living out their brief lives racing through our synapses and metaphorical neural-nets. of course, when we concentrate our attention on these creatures.. as you may be aware, it is often difficult to maintain a grasp of their being and they.. flutter away. By concentrating and analyzing these abstract beings we are shutting the doorway to their world, not letting ourselves be awed by the world and isntead having to try and interpret and catagorise it..
    The only way to understand and truly know our universe, and all those within and without.. is to open our minds, to anything and everything... not to look intently at one single thing but to contemplate all and entertain different notions and prospects.

Keep an open mind, if not for your sake.. then for the sake of the world, and all the creatures of thought and light that wish to cross over and make it a better place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Turnip

How embarrassing....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

these are the things that go through our mind when intoxicated or high, yes...and you are not alone, if you were to read some lines from jim morrison or jimmi hendrix you may see something along the line of thinking ;)
    interesting mordie, very interesting. ;)

Advertisement