Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to record a .smil stream to disk?

• 01-09-2003 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

There's a radio programme that I would like to record on tomorrow. The website has a live stream in .smil format. Windows Media player won't open the stream, but Realplayer will.However, there is no option in Realplayer to record the stream to, say, a .wav format or whatever. Is it possible to record the live .smil stream to disk so that I will have a copy of the programme on disk?

Any assistance from you gurus would be very gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

right click -> save as smil file, opening with notepad will tell you the true stream location. use a stream downloader (streambox, or stream down.. search for them) to get the stream,..that should do it.. If you can't right click, view the source, or copy the location of the smil file and make a link on a html page and right click from there..

SMIL file is just an XML file describing the media, and how it is to be presented, templated etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

That's exactly what I needed to know, thanks very much.

Advertisement