Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evanescence

Options
  • 01-09-2003 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hello ... anyone out there who's on kazaa or winmx who has a version of "missing" by evanescence that has no glichs in it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

There are ways around those glitchy files. While I am unsure about Kazaa, in Kazaa Lite you are able to block bad IP ranges (eg. the RIAA) by going to the options menu. Also try downloading a version that has medium bandwidth and doesn't have tons of sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by f®eak_s©enery
    in Kazaa Lite you are able to block bad IP ranges (eg. the RIAA) by going to the options menu. Also try downloading a version that has medium bandwidth and doesn't have tons of sources.

would blocking the bad ip ranges be effective. other people would have d/l them too and share them

i'd suggest the second option

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

would blocking the bad ip ranges be effective. other people would have d/l them too and share them

Yup. This complicates matters, so heres another tip:

In most cases, the RIAA rips its handicapped songs at 128kpps.
    So to combat this, download a version of the song that is more than 128 kpps. To make things earlier, go to "search" -> "search more options", enter the name of the artist/song/album, click on "quality" and select "at least" and "160kpps". Click "Search Now".

You should now come across the rare unglitched matchs. They take up more space than the 128kpps versions, but its far more convinient than wading through the crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Btw did anybody hear anything else apart from the single? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've the album here somewhere. I thought it was good but then my musical taste can be a bit odd at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

nyah.
    When I came into contact with a cop[y of it first I played it a few times while going to sleep, there are some decent melodies in tehre, but it's not my favourite music. A bit too smooth and over produced, not very "out there".

Maybe I'm just getting older, gout setting into the joints....

Advertisement