Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird DC Problems

Options
  • 02-09-2003 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Having some wierd problems running DC.

I currently have running BF 1.45 and DC 39k, now the sort of probs I'm having are certain maps in DC (cant remember which one's at the mo ) after reaching the top of the loading bar...CRASH..back to the desktop.

Another map when I get to the op base any tanks that are there are wobbling from side to side as if there groving to some in tank music or something (weird) plus said tanks have no tracks,other maps,guns not visible,when useing zoom on secondary fire I'm faced with a total blank screen,lots of different crap to numerous to mention.

I've tried numerous reinstalls of the game but still the same (bf runs ok tho ) I'm also running Nvidia 4.4.0.3 drivers (gf3 ti200 )

Any ideas on how to solve this problem ??

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i have the exact same problem :(
    so if u find a fix please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Originally posted by tuxx
    i have the exact same problem :(
    so if u find a fix please let me know

Haven't solved it yet tuxx,I thought it might be the 4.4.0.3's but it seems thats not the case,I rolled back the drivers a couple of versions but still the same. (I'm not far off a total nuke job ) :D

iv just noticed i have version .38 of dc im getting .39 now that should fix it

iv just noticed i have version .38 of dc im getting .39 now that should fix it

I'm having these problems with version .39,although I havent tried .38 to see if its the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

remeber having this problem down at galway lan, can't remember if we fixed it. If I remember correctly it's got something to do with referesh rates! I think it worked for some people if you changed the setting of "allowallrefreshrates" to 1 instead of 0. don't have it installed on any of the machines around me so i can't remember where the file is. it was called "video something.cfg" or something like that. gonna google it now to find a solution, coming up with slim pickings so far.

*edit* found this on bfcentral.com
    might work, no promices.
    Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings open VideoDefault.con and change renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0 to renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

• Advertisement

Also, if you're running windows xp/2000 you might have to get a refreshrate fix. I know there's one for nvidia cards, not too sure about ati ones. go to http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=381 and download. install, run, apply, reboot, make sure that you have the setting changed to renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1 and run. see how it goes. let me know :)

no if its the refresh rate thing u cant even start the game
    mines working now that i updated to .39 btw

no if its the refresh rate thing u cant even start the game
    mines working now that i updated to .39 btw

buggery! hehe, still have to patch my own yet with the .39 dc patch so i'm hoping that will fix it.

Tried all the above mentioned Bob_Bot still the same ..ah feck this, looks like an incoming nuke.

bugger again, well my friend seems to be having the exact same problem, so if i come across a solution i'll let ya know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

maybe if u go here EA support centre u might be able to find out how to fix it or find a pathc or something?

I've a sneaky feeling that these problems are all down to a recent reinstall because all was running grand at LavaLAN a couple of weeks back..anyway.. one way or the other I'll get it sorted :)

well i've got mine working. Used the 1.45 full patch for bf, then .38 full dc patch, then the .39 full

After trying many different patchs and DC versions I still can't get 39k to work ,38 runs fine but as soon as I install 39k the trouble starts again..Guess I'll wait till 4 comes out and see what the situation is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Legion
    After trying many different patchs and DC versions I still can't get 39k to work ,38 runs fine but as soon as I install 39k the trouble starts again..Guess I'll wait till 4 comes out and see what the situation is then.

Possibly a silly question but .... did you remember to get the full v1.45 patch and install that?

If you arnt patched up to v1.45 .39k will NOT work. You say only .38 works so i am assuming that your BF is only patched up to v1.45.

See the v1.45 thread for download links to the Full v1.45 patch.

.. on another note, damn Laptop keyboard and mouse!

Originally posted by Winters
    Possibly a silly question but .... did you remember to get the full v1.45 patch and install that?

If you arnt patched up to v1.45 .39k will NOT work. You say only .38 works so i am assuming that your BF is only patched up to v1.45.

See the v1.45 thread for download links to the Full v1.45 patch.

.. on another note, damn Laptop keyboard and mouse!

Winters, I Have the 1.45 (full) patch installed with .39k and I still get the problems that I described in the first post...yet as I said .38 runs with no problems whatsoever its when I install .39k( which I have a 3 of and tried them all ) that I'm back to square one :( something is going wrong somewhere.....

Public humiliation Time.....

Ok guys seems that I hadn't got .38 installed afterall but a much earlier version :o problem is sorted ..........I feel like a right tit now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

and rightly so . looking like one and all..................:D

btw, v4 is out now. Pretty hefty download. Will give it to Bio to pass onto you or if you are passing by the Hosp, drop in and collect it.

Advertisement