Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog suffering from strange uncureable illness :/ ? help.

• 02-09-2003 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

My dog is a Boxer, and it has this strange problem with its skin.. She wont stop scratching EVER.. and its not fleas or anything. Her skin is gone all patchy and torn in bits. She also has this constant frown on her poor face, and her ears constantly twitch. I dont want to put her down by any means, no way infact. I know when I play with her she loves it and she gets all frisky and happy, but when she isnt doing anything she frowns alot....

Help and adivce would be GREATLY appriciated..

Regards,
    -Coz.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Did you take her to the vet yet?

Is she an outside or inside dog? Where does she sleep?

Does she ever scratch the patch when she's playing with you or gone for a walk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

She be allergic to something or it could be nits. But if there is nothing that can help your dog you should put her down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

That has all the signs of Dog Mange,

it is treatable,

and the first thing you should have done before posting is

TAKE HER TO THE VET!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭depadz

she's a boxer...
    of course she frowns alot!!

i assume you have brought her to the vet?? i have boxers & they suffer from allergies (pollen etc) but that does sound like mange...

you will catch it yourself if you do not bring her quickly!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

she needs to go to a vet, NOW.
    Is there any unusual odour from her skin?
    I take it she's loosing hair?
    I'm not a vet so please don't take this as a diagnosis but it sounds to me like it might me mange.
    There are two types; demodectic and sarcoptic. Demodectic mange is the worst type and can be very difficult to cure.
    As I say, it may not be mange at all, just the symtoms you mentioned sounded like it to me.
    the best advice is to take your dog to a vet immediately, the sooner these skin conditions are treated the better..

• Advertisement
Advertisement