Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ailenware worth the money?

• 02-09-2003 6:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Come on well all see there pc's and ours jaws drop but can we really say its worth payin another couple of 100quid for a fancy case or its there extras like alien ice etc make a real difference to perfromance?

Are alienware systems worth the money? 4 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No, it's not worth it imho.

It's for people who can't be arsed building or learning how to build a more powerful system for less euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

They have some great looking cases
    http://www.alienware.com/gaming_main_desktop.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

at the end of the day its all about wots inside the case

LMAO

just looked at the alienware webby my pc would have cost £1,789.52 i got mine for a nearly 1/3 of that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I wouldn't really say they're worth the money.... however, as I'm a lazy bástard, I bought one, and it's excellently done.

I could've built my own, but I like the look of Alienware systems, and I could afford it so there ya go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I bought a laptop from them a while back, it is excellent. I can't really fault it in any way.

I build my own desktops though... I wouldnt feel comfortable making my own laptop so I leave that to the experts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They are way too expensive.

I recently purchased a 3.06Ghz P4 laptop for €1800. The same spec computer, exact same, cost €3400 with Alienware.

**** that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

They look amzing and they're specs are great, but my god the prices are just too high (so a no).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

amazing cases and their built in athlone :D

but on the down side they are damm too pricey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,809 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

i'd prefer my pc-75 case to those ones *** =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Originally posted by thomasmckinless
    at the end of the day its all about wots inside the case

i know what is inside of them, i would not pay what they are looking for it. just saying the cases look good not the price :rolleyes: :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement