Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the old ones

Options
  • 02-09-2003 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering my usual having nothing better to do than ask silly questions, what do all you "old ones" (For the young and faint of heart let me speak of these legendary creature whom haunt this forum, their dark powers warping minds and spawning choas where ever they roam. They are those who are no longer with you in summer, unless they have become the watchers etc....) anyway back on topic. I was pondering in a Stibbons fashion what CTYI'ers become afterwards (bar insane) what do they do in college, what careers do they do. IS there a correlation between the courses they did, is there any pattern of employment etc... so tell me ye anchients of old, what do you do now, and why?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well I'm going into 3rd year of Computer Applications in DCU... I plan on studying further in DCU to at least a Masters.
    I don't really work. I did coach Archery in DCU for the summer. I'll be setting up my own company in a few weeks it's planned to be anyway.

I dunno if there'll be any pattern. There'll always be some people doing crazy courses in UCD/Trinity but I've always liked DCU and I liked computers so I do it cause I've nothing better to do. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I... erm...

Well... I'm keeping myself vaguely entertained for the moment and I swear I'll go get a job tomorrow... maybe thursday...

:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm going into me 2nd year doing mathematical science in UCD, but for now i be working in game for the summer. After me degree? hopefully do a postgrad, or else train as an actuary. Oh the money... I also want to be a black belt in taekwondo by the time I graduate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Well,i'm about to start history in trinity. I never did a history course in ctyi. However, my overall plan is to go on to kings inns and become a barrister, and my last course at ctyi is legal studies, but i can't remember if i chose that because i wanted to do law in college or if i want to pursue a career in law because i did the ctyi course. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

i'm about four weeks away from finishing finishing my masters in biomedical engineering. have a degree in electronic engineering too.

i did maths, economics and psych at ctyi so no connection there with what i'm at now. hopefully i'll get a job in medical device company or a hospital. all my summer/saturday jobs have been with ctyi or leadership/retreat type stuff also no connection with what i'm studying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I did computer apps, decision maths, financial markets and ecommerce.

I'm doing Financial Maths and Economics in college.
    I also design websites part time.

So basically I do everything that I did in CTYI.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

GLuck Podge!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hehe, next year i can post in a similiar thread to this saying, if all goes well, "i did architecture in CTYI and am doing architecture in college. CONSISTENCY!"

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

I'm going into yr2 law and french in trinity, did legal studies in ctyi and decided it was the thing for me. (Also did financial markets-I will kill myself before I go into finance)

I haven't got much of a dream job, I'd be pretty happy with a lot of things as long as I'm making lots of money to fuel my shopping, eating and travelling addictions. Preferably would be involved in some sort of commercial/trade law, like getting to know foreigners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I did Aviaton Studies, International Relations and Engineering

I am considering becoming an aerodynamicist, or some kind of engineer. (Damn 5th year making me make choices regarding my future)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

im doin actuarial and financial maths in DCU, so many fond ctyi memories there :) im doin web design on the side tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Well, I did Media and Biotechnology in CTYI.

Went on to do a degree in Mechanical Engineering, which I graduated from 2 years ago (on September 11th!!)

Went on to attempt a PhD in Mechanical Reliability of Mobile Electronics, which went ar$e over tit! Then tried again with MicroDevices for PCR, which is some way related to Biotechnology, but that went awry too - I finally realised I couldn't detach myself from reality enough to do a PhD :D

Am currently prostituting myself to Dell, while looking out for a proper engineering job.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Originally posted by NeoSlicerZ
    GLuck Podge!

Thanks!! I'm gonna need it! :p

Advertisement