Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinpoint this quote:

Options
  • 02-09-2003 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

"Pain pays the income of each precious thing."
    - William Shakespeare

Just mentioning his name gives you an idea where to look :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Pain pays the income of each precious thing

The Rape of Lucrece ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yup, I got The rape of Lucrece too.

In the days of google, this type of source identification task just isn't as difficult anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It was a bit more difficult for me coz I didn't google, looked through my complete collection to where I thought I had remembered reading it and tad, there it was.

It was a bit more difficult for me coz I didn't google, looked through my complete collection to where I thought I had remembered reading it and tad, there it was.

Impressive!

Those literary quizzes they put in newspapers from time to time are also far easier to answer thanks to search engines. Usually, the only questions you can't find answers for online are the ones where you have to identify photographs of writers - silly questions as the appearance of a writer has nothing to do with literature in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

• Advertisement

Cool! Those quizzes usually have good prizes too!

The only problem is that they have no contemporary writers there.

Advertisement