Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The HUB Website Launch...

Options
  • 02-09-2003 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey all, Wools here with an announcement.

The HUB opens its doors on Friday 5th September with an exclusive performance from a certain internationally reknowned act.

In anticipation of this, on Thursday the 4th, The HUB-MEZZ dot com -

http://www.thehubmezz.com

- will be launching for one & all!

Incorporating full listings, artist profiles, interviews and performances, an online store for ticket/CD/merchandise sales, a full & open discussion forum, and constantly updated media streams and sound clips, this site is intending to be a powerful resource for the Irish Music Scene....

Any questions? Give me a shout. Take a look!

Thanks,
    Wooly
    http://www.thehubmezz.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Is this the old Switch, just need directions for friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Wools

It is indeed. All rebuilt & looking smashin'

Its straight across the road from the IFC in Eustace St. in Temple Bar...

Wools

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Ah good stuff, quite a good venue I remember. Will be strange to see bands playing there on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭eddiesheridan

The Subtonics,Republic of Loose and Listo on the saturday 6th is a better night :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Yep, the 6th is definately a better line-up. I shall be there with the posse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

who do i see about playing there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭eddiesheridan

Mick lennox is the fella u want to see about gigs. Good guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Great web site Wooly.

Best of luck with it.

I just hope they don't change the Mezz - Upstairs. That's fast becoming my favourite bar. There's live music on every night and it's free in.

Tell me they'll leave it alone.

Not to mention Peter Moore and the Harrys on Sunday nights.

Keith

I've no idea - supposedly the plan is to refurbish, but get a lobby against it and you may prevail.

The current bouncers are f**uckin co*cks, arent they? They didnt let me in, and I bloody work there. There's a new team of doormen coming in with the new venue though. Huzzah! :)

Originally posted by Saint-dotsie
    who do i see about playing there?

Saint - mail me on info@thehubmezz.com with any details, and i'll point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

The current bouncers are f* etc.

They've been getting a whole lot more strict lately alright. They've been cracking down on the blow smoking in there too.

I've never been stopped but I have noticed the change.

Down with meat heads...

keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

excellent.. so where do i get tix for friday? ..

'fraid it's invite only - but try your luck on the door on the night, more than likely a couple of the hundreds of press/industry people who got invites might not turn up..

or become very good mates with someone who works there

Advertisement