Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby ... Panel clears Munster's Sheahan of drug charges

• 02-09-2003 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Good news for Munster and for Frankie

(not too sure about the whole story but I think he
    tested positive because of his Asthma inhaler or something in it)

Panel clears Munster's Sheahan of drug charges
    Last updated: 02-09-03, 13:50

Frankie Sheahan has had his appeal against a two-year rugby ban upheld following a hearing with the European Rugby Commission in Dublin yesterday evening.

The verdict means the hooker can still make the Ireland squad to travel to the World Cup in Australia that is due to be announced on Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Coyler

As far as the reasons for the dismissal myself and Hairy Homer went though the ins and outs of the case in this Thread.

I'm glad that Frankie was cleared because I thought that the reasons for the initial ban were shaky. However I do think there has to be more research done on the effect of drugs in sport. There are too many vague laws like these that can cause problems to peoples careers and reputations.

Of course thats never going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Frankie is a lucky boy.

While I am glad to see him available for Munster and Ireland again and the fact that the initial decision ignored medical evidence I think some people will always remain suspicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Im glad hes cleared but he'll never get into the World Cup squad.

Wood and Byrne are going to be the two hookers going to Austrailia

They usually take three so he will probably go afterall. Legally you have to have 2 in your starting 22 so a third is there for back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Oh right fair enough then.

It would have to be some freak injuries or circumstances that Woody and Byrne would be injuried so Frankie could play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I could see him getting a game alright. While our schedule is not as tough as some (Italy for example who with a better schedule had a shout of making the quarters in that group) there is still plenty of argument for resting players in the less difficult games.

We have a squad of 30 and if we do well it will be by using as many of them as we can. There is no point in picking the same 15 for every game and ending up with players not at their best for the Australia and Argentina games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by Coyler
    As far as the reasons for the dismissal myself and Hairy Homer went though the ins and outs of the case in this Thread.

I'm glad that Frankie was cleared because I thought that the reasons for the initial ban were shaky. However I do think there has to be more research done on the effect of drugs in sport. There are too many vague laws like these that can cause problems to peoples careers and reputations.

Of course thats never going to happen.

I'm glad he was cleared too. It seems he strayed into a very grey area regarding the use of Ventolin in sports and it would have been unfair to single him out for punishment.

I remain highly sceptical about the use of Ventolin per se. It's a killer drug. Careful how you use it.

Of course this won't stop me barracking Sheahan and all the rest of that hairy-arsed Munster lot when they come to Donnybrook on Friday. Aren't those smart-card Leinster season tickets cool?

Agreed on both counts. G'wan the Azzuri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Originally posted by Hairy Homer
    Aren't those smart-card Leinster season tickets cool?

Ah shut up, i couldnt afford a season ticket! the joys of being a student!

Advertisement