Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Forum - Puzzles/Brain Teasers

Options
  • 02-09-2003 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Well got me thinking there in work the other day when we got the monthly issue of the works magazine.

It contained some puzzles, quizes and brain teaser.

So I was wondering as I know quite a few of them myself and love riddles maybe there could be a forum for these kind of things or is there a forum for this already(have I missed this???)

Cheers,

RunFree.

PS give me your opinions on this.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

http://www.boards.ie/puzzles/index.html

A bit old I know but it could be updated. I just don't see why everything on boards has to have it's own forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Indeed, what kind of puzzles did you have in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Originally posted by Gordon
    Indeed, what kind of puzzles did you have in mind?

Well just mainly brain teaser like the ones given in Pucks post.

I do agree with that also. Its more of a suggestion though.

RunFree

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Any links?

Originally posted by Gordon
    Any links?

Not on me at the moment but I have at home. Can give them to you on Friday. But mainly you can get a few of them if you just google for it.

Im looking for quite complicated ones in particular though.

RunFree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Originally posted by Puck
    http://www.boards.ie/puzzles/index.html

Gosh I'd forgotten about those. Is there really a demand for this though? One person doesn't make a forum go usually.

Originally posted by Cloud
    One person doesn't make a forum go usually.

True indeed. Well in that case change to suggestion. Can we update the Puzzles every week or so and post the answers with the new puzzles.

Just an Idea.

RunFree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I suggest you register a puzzles account in the boards.ie member web space for now, as it's not a priority for us :(

/me thinks

Could manage that. Me needs to go making web page. Hmmm needs time.

Cheers anyway. Anyway there is no demand for it so no point for it really. Only put it up as a suggestion to see what kinda feedback would be gotten on it.

Cheerio,

RunFree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

i've came across puzzles and the likes in the himour forum before, seems apropriate. there are loads of forums that aren't really in demand on though aren't there. i think a riddles forum would be used becasue users could go on to it regularly. with other forums you wait until something of interest to you comes up but riddles will always be there

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement