Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The CV

• 01-09-2003 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

This question is for IT CVs, more specifically people who do software development / contracting. In each job description, do you find it good to at least include one sentence describing the application itself? I mean, when I put down CorelDRAW, chances are people will have heard about it and know what it does .. but then I go put some really obscure Nortel application and there's no chance they will have a clue what it is.

Right now on my resume I have at least a one line description of the application and a URL if it's applicable. Not sure if this is a good idea for CVs or not ... thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

again, split off form a sticky thread as they are more reference guides and not really for specific questions.

besides, more people will look at a new thread, rather than an old sticky....

with regards your question, i have never heard of putting in a description of an application. i mean, if someone knows the app. they will know what it does. otherwise i guess if they dont know it, then the information is probably superflous and unnessecary.

but again, its down to personal taste, however, as said many times before, its better to tailor your CV to meet the needs of the position. if youa re going for coral draw programmer, by all means add it, and a description on what skills you possess in that area.
    if youa re going for a job in mcdonalds, who cares if you can use coral draw at all :)

Advertisement