Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digging up roads

Options
  • 02-09-2003 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭

(Yes it's on topic)

Dublin City Council's Transport and Traffic Strategic Policy Committee will be meeting this Thursday to discuss a revised scheme for allowing network providers (including water, drainage, electricity, gas and communications in that order) to open public roads - any comments?

Most of the submissions from the utilities were of the "Waaa, waa, waa" type, even suggesting that service only providers without a physical network should have to pay as well (even though the won't be digging up roads). Otherwise, the network providers would be discriminated against by “government”.

Parallel topic here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113325

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Victor,

would it be possible to post a link to the actual proposal so I can read up a little before responding ?

Victor,

Perhaps you could pm me on your phone number (perferably a landline) and we could discuss things further.

To be honest I have to say my own reponse when I read the document was pretty mute. The seem to have found reasonable middle ground between the original excessive charges and the original disasterous charges.

The new conditions operators will be obldiged to work under seem reasonable, Ireland already has a huge amount of backhaul in light of 230,000 km of fibre laid by the telcos and the ESB figure of eight, I just can't see anything that will cause a huge problem ....

Advertisement