Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iss pro 3 for the pc !!!

Options
  • 02-09-2003 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭

i was in my local games shop today and i saw iss pro 3 for the pc.

i loved iss deluxe, iss 2000(for N64) iss (for the playstation cant remember name but wasnt evoulution) and iss pro evoulution 2 for the playstation. but does any 1 know if this 1 is any good for the pc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

I'm not sure, but Pro Evolution 3 will apparently be released on PC... I'm content to wait for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

but its out now as i said i saw it in the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

iss3 > iss pro evo 3... different kettle of lobsters.
    i'm not sure why, but pro evo is supposed to be far superior to iss3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have ISS3 for the PC and it's naff.

There are no graphics settings so you can't adjust the resolution, thus you have to play in what appears to be 640x480.

Also I have a gamepad, whilst using the gamepad, I can't use any keyboard functions including the escape button to skip the lengthy sequences every time a throw is taken or a foul takes place. Whats more, if you press a button on the (correctly configured) gamepad during for example a foul, it brings you into the replay window, and you've guessed it, you can't get out unless you unplug the controller or reboot.

In short, it's the laziest, sloppiest console port I have ever seen in my life. Don't know too much about the gameplay as I got bored of unplugging my controller and rebooting every 30 seconds in no time, failing to complete a single game, but being a major Pro Evo fan, I would expect that it is just above Fifa and a league behing Pro Evo.

I am utterly disgusted with it. Avoid like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the sad thing is, if iss3 never sells in large quantities, konami will prolly think that there's no market for pro evo 3 on the pc (which there so obviously is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Pro Evo 3 is coming to PC this year. There was an artice on www.eurogamer.net recently about it.

Oh, just noticed Half Life 2 has slipped to November. Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i said about 2 months ago i'd leave an opinion on this game, finally played and.......its ****e

i enjoyed playing actua soccer 2 more, in that game i could see the goal i was shooting at and had control on where the ball was travelling
    in this thing, its a side on view and you can usually never see the net, the gameplay in general is terrible as well, passing, dribbling, shooting all needlessly difficult, in an annoying way

obviously i was rather pleased when i heard PES 3 is coming to the PC, as i was hoping when i first heard about it, have never played a PES game, hopefully they live up to the hype and have adjustable camera angles

in conclusion, i uninstalled ISS3 2 days after installing it, don't waste your time

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by eyerer
    obviously i was rather pleased when i heard PES 3 is coming to the PC, as i was hoping when i first heard about it, have never played a PES game, hopefully they live up to the hype and have adjustable camera angles

I once considered buying a Playstation 2, for two games... one was Gran Turismo 3, the other was the original Pro Evolution Soccer game.

Given how good its pre-prequel was, I have high expectations for PES3...

Advertisement