Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Boost Python

Options
  • 02-09-2003 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Has anybody here ever tried to build the boost.python libraries? I'm using the VS6 project as opposed to bjam, cus I really haven't a clue what I'm doing with bjam , but its driving me around the f@*%!ng bend. I'm getting a giant list of compile errors, but all my paths are definitely set up properly, and I'm just not sure what else I should be doing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Post your first 10 lines of compile errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BraveSirAndrew

F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(174) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'extract'
    F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(189) : warning C4183: 'extract': member function definition looks like a ctor, but name does not match enclosing class
    F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(194) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'extract'
    F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(209) : warning C4183: 'extract': member function definition looks like a ctor, but name does not match enclosing class
    F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(312) : error C2039: 'none' : is not a member of 'detail'
    F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(312) : error C2065: 'none' : undeclared identifier
    F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(312) : error C2446: ':' : no conversion from 'int' to 'struct _object *'
    Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
    F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(317) : error C2039: 'none' : is not a member of 'detail'
    F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(317) : error C2446: ':' : no conversion from 'int' to 'struct _object *'
    Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
    F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(323) : error C2039: 'none' : is not a member of 'detail'

F:\Development\Games\Boost\boost-1.30.2\libs\python\src\converter\builtin_converters.cpp(174) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'extract'

Edit builtin_converters.cpp

On line 2146 add ";" to the end of line.
    Try the compile again.

Tell us what happens.

Right, I'm going to try this again. I forgot I took out the headers <boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp> and <boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp> to get this working and those were the errors without those files. So heres a new set.

../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(106) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ',' before identifier 'LONG_LONG'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(106) : error C2065: 'LONG_LONG' : undeclared identifier
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(106) : error C2059: syntax error : '>'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(106) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(106) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ',' before identifier 'LONG_LONG'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(106) : error C2144: syntax error : missing ',' before type 'const int'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(106) : error C2990: 'to_python_value' : non-template class has already been defined as a template class
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(33) : see declaration of 'to_python_value'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(106) : error C2913: explicit specialization; 'struct boost::python::arg_to_python boost::python::arg_to_python' is not a class template
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(106) : see declaration of 'arg_to_python'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(107) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ',' before identifier 'LONG_LONG'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(107) : error C2059: syntax error : '>'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(107) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(107) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ',' before identifier 'LONG_LONG'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(107) : error C2144: syntax error : missing ',' before type 'const int'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(107) : error C2990: 'to_python_value' : non-template class has already been defined as a template class
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(33) : see declaration of 'to_python_value'
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(107) : error C2913: explicit specialization; 'struct boost::python::arg_to_python boost::python::arg_to_python' is not a class template
    ../../../../boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp(107) : see declaration of 'arg_to_python'.
    Any of that mean anything to ya?

Have you checked line 2146 and tried adding a ";" in the relevant place or tried

#define LONG_LONG long;

or finding the definition of LONG_LONG in the pertinent header?

• Advertisement

LONG_LONG does exist, I think it was in wrap_pyhton.h, so I didn't try defining it myself - shouldn't have made a difference. I can't check anything now cus I'm in work. I would have thought that the project would come ready to compile, once all the paths have been added, but that doesn't seem to be the case, unless I'm doing something stupid, which I probably am. Does nobody have any experience with this same problem?

I guess that depends on your version of mingw and the libraries you have installed on the target system.

Advertisement