Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis on Irish Pensions

Options
  • 02-09-2003 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm doing a college thesis on Irish Pensions and would be grateful if anyone could send me some info. or even some links to possible useful info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.google.ie/search?q=%22Irish+Pensions%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryIE

Also http://home.eircom.net/content/irelandcom/breaking/1342456?view=Eircomnet
    Pensions ombudsman's office opens in Dublin
    Tuesday, 2nd September, 2003

The office of the new Pensions Ombudsman, Mr Paul Kenny, was officially opened in Dublin this morning.

Mr Kenny, who has statutory independent status, will investigate complaints from members of the public about the operation of occupational pensions schemes and Personal Retirement Savings Accounts (PRSAs).

Speaking at the opening ceremony, Mr Kenny, said: "I have no doubt of the need for this office. Mistakes do take place; administration standards are not always what they should be.

"I can never see the day coming when the Pensions Ombudsman is applying for redundancy. But I hope that, in the process of delivering redress to those who have complaints, the experience and knowledge we gain from what's actually happening out there can be fed back into the system and may help to build the foundations of better practice for the future." Mr Kenny is a former Chairman of the Retirement Planning Council of Ireland.

The Minister for Social and Family Affairs, Ms Coughlan, who opened the ombudsman's office, said the move represented an important element in the reform process which commenced with the passing of new pensions laws last year.

Ms Coughlan noted that under the new laws, employers would be required to provide access to their workers from September 15th. She urged employers to study the material they had received and to avail of the "many supports" offered to them by pensions providers to help them in discharging their responsibilities.

The Pensions Ombudsman's office is at 36 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

I dearly hope that you're doing a thesis on a subject a little more specific than 'Irish Pensions' or else you will never complete it. Examples of subtopics off the top of my head could be:
    Modelling Pension funding deficits in Ireland
    Deficiences in Actuarial models of pension structures
    Optimal Asset mix of an Pension Fund based on the Pension Fund demographic
    Performance Attribution and its relevance for finite closed Pension Funds
    A historical comparative performance decomposition of Irish Pension Fund Managers
    Deriving the transition of an asset mix as a pension fund reaches maturity

Jesus the list could go on and on, you can't just write a thesis with the subject 'Irish Pensions' . Well, OK, I couldn't.

Advertisement