Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Cable DKU-5

• 02-09-2003 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

anyone know if these are freely available in dublin??

if its the one i think it is it connects the nokia pop-a-port to a usb pc port if I have read the nokia site right...if not someone correct me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

what model phone's it for ?
    what u trying to do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

connect my 7250 to my pc/laptop for downloading address book and hopefully my piccies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I bought mine from www.mobilefun.co.uk for about e30.
    Pretty good site
    I got 2 com cables from the us on ebay for £4.40ea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

They told me they'd cost €90 for the official Nokia DKU-5 in the o2 shop.
    Shopped around online but didnt see them for very good prices. Another option is an infra-red usb thing, can do all the same stuff as the cable but you can get 'em for around €20 inc. shipping on ebay UK.

Been trying to get my 7250i to work with the Nokia PC Suite software all day with bugger all luck :(

PPC - ordered one of their data kits tks a million.

XC-richard - they have the official cable as well for 32 sterling which is better than 90 odd euro

Cheers Geezers

Now all I gotta do i wait for it to arrive!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

why not just buy an infra red port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I got one for my 7210 off ebay for around €50, which is pretty damn good when you consider I also got a free cd with it containing literally 100s of polyphonic tones, wallpaper, graphics etc...

Unfortunately I haven't really been arsed to use it with Nokia Suite 5.0 all that much yet but in time I will... It'll be great to finally make some of my own polyphonic tones (for free!) and stick up some classic photos of mine onto my phone :D

Most Nokia phones really are crap if you want good polytone's.
    The Damn things can only handle 4 track poly's compared to like 16+ for most other decent phones.

I've been making tones for a while now and it's very hard to make a good tone when most midi's are comprised of so many tracks. You're given no choice but to cut out many elements of the song.

STUPID NOKIA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by XCRichard
    Been trying to get my 7250i to work with the Nokia PC Suite software all day with bugger all luck :(

I've a 6610 & the DKU5 ... never got it working. I think my USB drivers are dodgy.

Anyway, got it on Ebay for €20

If ye have trouble with Nokia PC Suite I recommend trying a program called "MobiMB". It's not free but if you'd prefer not to pay it's easily found on Kazaa cracked.
    It's much easier to use then the Nokia software even if it doesnt have all the crappy midi modifying programs etc.
    One thing I now know from looking around mobile forums is that the Nokia suite does not work with usb infra-red hardware much.

• Advertisement

My data cable arrived in excellent time (ordered from uk on thurs night - delivered Dublin monday lunch) and came with basic drivers and software that let me extract my photies and backup my address book and upload/download virtually everything. dont need the nokia suite for anything as far as I can see!

good advice ppl.

ta

Advertisement