Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My dog is... *clears throat*

• 03-09-2003 5:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

He's horny. ALL the time.
    He humps the chairs, he humps the legs of visitors, he humps the rug, the computer desk, the chairs, and . . . if it was possible, he would hump air. >_< Help?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Get your dog neutered it should help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Or get him a girlfriend :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Get a rubber glove!!!!!!!

Seriously though most dogs grow out of it when they realise that they`re not going to get any.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Get him neutered.
    Unless u intend to breed from him (ie: if hes a pedigree) then not only is it a good idea medically, it will also curb his "urges" ;)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭EvenStar

But you see, he is neatured. I tell him not to all the time. That's why I want sum help. :( lolz . . .

I put a rug outside, so he humps that sumtimes. But I wish all of his um...energy... would be directed to that rug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

I have a female Jack Russell cross that humps all my other dogs! it has NOTHING to do with sex it is Bellas way of showing that she is superior to the other mutts, maybe your dog is the same??!! what type of dog is he??

Faye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

my dog had the job done but he still tries it on every now and then - the vet said that he might still have some testicular tissue on his bladder!

A good way is to make a large sound as soon as he starts mounting. Try having a rolled up newspaper handy, as soon as doggie starts whack the newspaper off something, he'll get a fright (don't hit it too close to the dog or he'll think your giving out to him and try not to look at him) after a few frights he'll associate getting a fright with the anti-social behavior and give up, worked for my Yorkie years ago.

BTW telling him to stop only might reenforce the action, he might think it's just attention.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

U might wanna try this....
    Everytime he starts, b4 he gets *too* into it, or even when u know hes thinking about starting, negativley (sp?)distract him by doing somthing like spraying him with a water pistol.

Basically its a 2 step program, first u need to get him a little less obsessed, then, and most importantly, u need to teach him that other games can be a lot more enjoyable :)

B

Advertisement