Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat No Limits

Options
  • 03-09-2003 5:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Have just cut me off!
    But I still owe em a few bob so its not so bad!:D

What other reasonable packages are on the market at the moment?

I live in Wicklow and theres no broadband yet so thats out of the question!

What are Eircoms packages like at the moment, is there any other options to Eircom and BT Esat?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

What do you mean Esat havecut you off?

Other options you have are:

Esat/IOL Anytime - 180 hours per month 24/7 for e30

UTV XL - 180 hours per month 24/7 for e25 (you need to also take UTV's phone service to get this, not a bad thing, their phone service is a lot cheaper then Eircom).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭corkie

Hi Jake303,

Why did Esat cut you off "SNL". Is it because they are no longer providing the service or because you didn't make the payments.

Anyway their is comparison of the "Dialup Flat Rate" products now available here

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Jake303

What are Eircoms packages like at the moment, is there any other options to Eircom and BT Esat?

Don't even go near Eircom with the longest pole in the world!!!

Yes UTV now have a package available more info available @ www.u.tv

Esat and UTV are your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Did they give you any reason for cutting you off?

I'm on NoLimits too but I haven't been cut of (yet!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I have not been cut off either. Is it possible you were cut off because you didn't pay? ;) I ask as you mention you owe them money...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

When i spoke to esat about something a week or two ago they said that no limits will be continued. I suspect its because you didnt pay your bill. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Originally posted by Moriarty
    When i spoke to esat about something a week or two ago they said that no limits will be continued.

Ditto although I have now switched to Anytime as it suits me to have internet access available during the day when I am home.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Are they still accepting accounts as im thinking of getting 64k isdn.
    i put it of for ages because i thought they weren't :/

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

AFAIK you can't use ISDN with No-Limits.

Tried to get it in the house before , had the modem bought engineeers out to the house only to discover we couldn't use it with No-Limits.

That was 2 or 3 years ago though so it might have changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Yep you can't use ISDN with NoLimits.

http://iiu.taint.org/details/offpeakunmeteredisps.html

But I'm not too sure how up to date my source (above) is either, so things could have changed. But I doubt it, considering they are doing their best to phase people from that service ot IOL Anytime.

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by TheRealEyesOnly
    Are they still accepting accounts as im thinking of getting 64k isdn.
    No new NoLimits accounts have been set up in the last 30 months. Out of luck on that front I'm afraid.

It works with ISDN now apparently according to a few users (since round about when NetSmart started), last I heard it wasn't officially /supported/ on NoLimits though.

Anytime, UTV and the new Eircom offer support ISDN (Eircom's product will support it using both channels though your allowance will get used up twice as fast giving you half the time allowance though)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

isdn has worked with nolimits for the past year or so. The same account can be used for either 56k modem or 64k single channel isdn. Im using isdn on nolimits myself, and its working perfectly litterly >99.9% of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

iv noticed im able to connect to nolimits using isdn and 56k at the same time hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by ^whitey^
    AFAIK you can't use ISDN with No-Limits.

I think that used to be the case last year, but NoLimits fully supports ISDN now. Before I got satellite, I was using NoLimits with ISDN for 6 months, clocking up an average of up to 500 hours a month (some of it during the day so they made money there at least).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Just echoing that NoLimits does work with ISDN: (DialUp) EsatNoLimits via ISDNLink-00-Line01 @ 64Kb/s for 40m 26s (1.28MB up, 15.88MB down)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Originally posted by Urban Weigl
    I have not been cut off either. Is it possible you were cut off because you didn't pay? ;) I ask as you mention you owe them money...

Well yes and no!
    :D
    I set up a direct debit account ages ago, but for some reason they screwed up on their end and the debit wouldnt work so I ended up paying them about a year later 400ish I think by credit card!
    They still didnt sort it out and then about 8 months later I gave them another lump sum for that 8 months over the phone by credit card, with no problems at either end.....seems to be a situation the didnt mind

Then a few weeks ago they cut me off, without warning with only 110 owed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭corkie

As the SNL product is service that EsatBT, would like to have discontinued. They will find what ever way they legaly can to move people to their Anytime/Netsmart products.

I recommend you ring them up and ask to speak to supervisor or higher up if possible.

Settle your bill with them. Even if you are not going to take up one of their other products at this time. Other companies may not accept you if that bill gives you a bad credit rating. Sometime in the future you might want, to be reconnect to an EsatBT product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭PaulMagrath

I used to be on Esat NoLimits but last month I switched to IOL Broadband.

It is only a couple of euro more a month (it's €49.49) and it is sooo worth it.

To those of you considering/using ISDN I can only say that I think you are insane. It is a total rip-off! Switch to ADSL if you are in range of the exchange, otherwise seriously look into satelite and wireless internet access.

Advertisement