Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what is the best modem ATM???

Options
  • 05-05-1999 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Since for the next 8 months I'm going to be at beat a hpb, I may as well buy myself a decent modem, and dump the genius 56k...which I have never used:/
    Everyone seems to be raving on about how good paces are, but if so, which pace is the one to go for.

P.S. M|P u can fook off with ure big rich fu(koff i have a job and can afford a £600 modem tongue.gif
    Preferably something under £150

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

As a chap all too often on the buisness end of one of ure LPB rox, I have but one thing to say:

TAAAAAKE IT!!!

Hail To The King, Baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

pace 56k internal or external voice, externals about 100 quid i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Cheers for that NOG, keep em comin..I've still got about a month b4 i gotta go out and buy one.
    Oh and Jaden, Don't worry about a lack of attention once i loose(temporarily) my T1, my HPB rox shall make you take it tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

Phil just get an internal Pace, it gives the exact same performance as the external just it doesnt have a load of blinking lights and a case which makes up £30 in the difference in price between the two. Although i believe that Pace's are hard to come by these days, i got mine in game about 6 months ago for £90, never had a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Pace 56 Internal is the only way to go!

SB...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Internal Pace 56k - Accept no Substitute!!

Actually i have just remembered that Pace modems are actually quite **** and what you really want is a COMPAQ 33.6 modem, this modem is not available in shops and can only be purchased through me for the measly sum of £1, [font 0.3]plus 1000% V.A.T., delivery charges of £300 are also not included in the price and the delivery man will probably want at least £100 of a tip[/font 0.3] order now to avoid disappointment.

[This message has been edited by Scarab (edited 05-05-99).]

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Ya, I got mine for 80 quid in game but I heard their hard to get now.

Blade

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

external pace 56k.

hey blade, i was watching utv last night and an ad for gay chat come on. do you know you look like one of the blokes on that ad?
    just wonderin like. wink.gif

Ok Scarab send me 5 of those Compaq modems....hang on a min, If i collect it personally, I can get it without delivery charges
    £1 modems keewl tongue.gif
    /me senses major profits brewing....

But seriously, since these modems are becoming so scarce, where other than game can I get one....and any chance yas can post the model numbers of the ones yee lot have?

[This message has been edited by OSiriS (edited 05-05-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

The external PACE is IR£30 cheaper than the internal. Scarab seems to have them mixed up.

Emmm where?

When i went to buy mine the external was more expensive, because u are paying for the case and flashy lights.

ya external peripherals are usually more expensive, cos they have to look nice (though in most cases that is questionable)

Advertisement