Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett's special - Samsung 17" LCD monitor

• 03-09-2003 8:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Being a complete novice to the LCD/TFT game can anyone tell me if this weeks Komplett special The Samsung 17" LCD monitor is worth buying?

I currently have a Dell Trinitron 21" P1110 monitor. Is it worth the upgrade? I know the LCD quality would not be as good but I'm lookiong for the space saving (The dell is a big bástard).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

I can't seem to find anyting on the 172V. The W and T versions look like they've gotten good reviews and stuff, but the V version is a good €350 cheaper so I'd be a little wary maybe.

What do you want it for? Games? Movies? Just general stuff? Cos the response time is damn important if it's games or movies :)

I have a nice BenQ 17" LCD monitor and it's great, 16ms response time is fine for doing whatever you want on the 'puter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I've just ordered one but I can't tell you till next week. We bought a Hansol 17" TFT from Komplett a couple of months back (its the €400 model) and I can say nothing but good things about it so far. Cheap price but the quality is fine for any sort of standard things. I play battlefield 1942 and a few other things on it with no problems. Films are fine. Looks nice too and the space saving is fantastic.

Unless you can wait for a while I'd say take your chances. You could always sell it on again without taking a huge loss on it at that price. Look at the price of the most basic TFTs in retail. Even 15" cost more than this in some cases. The Hansol is pretty decent at the price too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

What do you want it for? Games? Movies? Just general stuff? Cos the response time is damn important if it's games or movies

bit of games but mostly surfing and stuff.
    I've just ordered one but I can't tell you till next week. We bought a Hansol 17" TFT from Komplett a couple of months back (its the €400 model) and I can say nothing but good things about it so far. Cheap price but the quality is fine for any sort of standard things. I play battlefield 1942 and a few other things on it with no problems. Films are fine. Looks nice too and the space saving is fantastic.

I wonder would the Hasol be better for another €20?

The dilema I have is that I have an excellent monitor (as described in my first thread) which I will sell to finance this. I just want to save space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Someone on the komplett board bought one of the monitors and seems pretty happy with it... if it's just for general use and you wanna save some desk-space and help your eyes then it looks like a decent enough buy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Does anyone know if this monitor is VESA compliant (wall mountable)?

I need to order it by this evening and I can't find out this information anywhere.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave.

edit: Just found out here that it does support VESA 100 here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement