Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any 802.11a compatible PCCARD to PCI adapters?

• 03-09-2003 8:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a bit of research trying to find a PCI adapter that is compatible with 802.11a and I'm not having much luck .... I dont care if its certified 802.11a by the manufacturer or if some bloke down the pub tried it and it worked ... xp compatibility would be a plus .....

Anyone seen one of these puppies?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

The cheap and nasty pcmcia bridges aren't real pcmcia controllers, they just map addresses onto the pci bus.

if you get a proper pcmcia controller any pcmcia card should work in it. Look at the orinoco badged pcmcia->pci bridges on www.fab-corp.com

I have one of them and it's a real texas instruments pcmcia controller. You might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere, it's gone from 60$ to 105$ since I bought mine a year ago.

Greg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Ricoh based adapters are the best PCI - PCMCIA cardbus adapters. They're $35 on fab-corp and vbnets.com also sell them for €42.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

You might wanna look for 802.11g
    It's basically 802.11b and 802.11a combined..

I'm working on devoloping one right now.. driving me nuts :mad:

Advertisement