Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick price check, whats this worth.

• 03-09-2003 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭

Moving house and need to release some cash and space, so if I was to sell my second gaming PC, I'd be interested to see what you guys think a fair asking price would be. Not cutting edge but a decent little performer, breezes through UT2003, Unreal 2 and Splinter Cell etc...... 800x600 high detail.

Silver and Black case,
    15" Black Dell Monitor CRT
    Asus Mobo (ARV133 I think, 100FSB)
    Amd Athlon 1200 (100 FSB) + Copper heatsink
    512MB PC133 SDRAM
    20GB Western Digital Caviar 7200RPM ATA 100
    5:1 Surround Soundcard (SB LIVE 5.1)
    56k Modem
    52X CDROM
    ATI Radeon 8500 LE 64MB (Original ATI retail packaging)
    Cheapo Speakers
    Optical Mouse
    Color coded Keyboard

Currently has windows 98 SE on it. Licensed for use with the machine this initially started out as, but is now almost completely different from bar a few bits........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Scroll down through the For Sale forum and you'll get an idea, but I'd say 500-550 would be a fair price to start with for you (i.e. leaning towards the seller)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

You might get €300 for it, you can get a brand new bottom end dell for under €600. Computer prices are dropping fast and second hand PCs are not getting a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Well thats almost true, the cheapest I could get a quote from Dell for was 629 Euro. That was a celeron 2.2, 17" montior, onboard "intel extreme" graphics.

In short the PC I am thinking of selling, would kick sand in the face of this Dell and give it a wedgie when it came to playing games. So it's not really a comparision of like with like, that said, it does have a bigger monitor and hard disk, and a quicker processor, although as it's a celeron, not as much quicker it real terms as you would think. On the plus side, my machine has better graphics, sound and more RAM. It depends really what you want the machine for.

Nope, I think 300 is too low for the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

1.6 amd cpu €56

40gig 133 hd €71

mobo €57

RAM ddr 512 €95

GeForce4 MX440-8X 128MB DDR €70

the rest ppl allready have
    the moniotr will save ya. about €200 depending if its any good for fps? what the responce time? however

all in all i would play more than 400,
    450 would be pushing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye, i wouldn't pay more than €400 for that, selling a pc for a fraction of the price you paid for it is depressing stuff, tis a cruel world...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I sold a pc with a better spec here last week for €400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭weemcd

dont sell it on boards ull get more money on buy and sell, boards is suposidly bad for selling things.
    i think your pc is worth more than that especially on buy and sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i would opt for the buy and sell and if you cant sell it there [about 450-500] then come back here and sell it for ~400 mabey a bit less.thats the way the markets are going these day its hard to move second hand gear at a good price

Advertisement