Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Monitors with DVI input

• 03-09-2003 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I hv replaced my CRT monitor with a LCD monitor with both analog & digital inputs. At the moment I am using the analog input . Do I need to replace my graphics card (which has only analog D-SUB output) to use digital features. Does performance differ much if I switch to digital ? What sort of graphics card would I need to buy (in 60-80 euro range)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Definitely makes a difference.

What card do you have now? To see what would be an improvement (gaming/performance wise).

If you can splash out a teensy bit more (and spend say 100 euros?) you can get a Ti4200. Great card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Try www.komplett.ie, they have DVI cards from €50. What you should get will depend on what you use your computer for, no point getting an expensive card if you use your computer primarily for internet and email, for example.

If you are a gamer I would think that you would be disappointed if you didn't get something at least as good as what you have now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BrownBoy

Thanks. I am not much into gaming but I watch dvds a lot on my PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I doubt you would see a large difference with DVDs. The sorts of application that would benefit a lot would be reading text (especially if you are using Cleartype) or graphics work, particularly CAD/CAM. However if your monitor supports it and you can get a cheap-ish graphics card that supports it, then why not?

Advertisement