Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD problem with BF 1942 version 1.45

Options
  • 03-09-2003 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

OK, anyone know a way around this?

I've installed the 1.45 patch and play through the all seeing eye...

When I select the box "none" under mods (which is where all the best servers are) it asks me for the bf1942 CD, which I unfortunately loaned to a mate. With the previous patch I just had to have my R2R CD in the drive and there were no probs.

The weird bit is if I select R2R under mods on all seeing eye it lets me play any maps on a r2r server, including the original ones. This would be fine but the r2r servers are ****e compared with the other ones!

Does anyone have a fix for this? or do I need to get my bf1942 cd back?

Any help appreciated guys...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

the no cd crack will fix that for you
    not sure if im allowed post a link to it so i wont
    if u need to know where to get it just pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

please note; the no-cd crack should still let you play it, as you only need a valid cd-key;
    Keep in mind that the files listed on this[URL=http://gcw.f-x-m.com/games/pc_battlefield_1942.shtml][COLOR=black]_[/COLOR][/URL]page do NOT circumvent the CD-Key protection 
    to play online! 
    A valid/legal CD-Key is still required to be able to play this game!!! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Lads, less of the talk about the no-cd stuff, they are a no no.

It seems as though the 1.45 patch has fixed the CD stuff. With the CD stuff now, the way it works is you need a RTR CD to play RTR and a Battlefield 1942 CD to play BF1942.

Dont go "lending"your CD to mates. Thats a no, no. Breaks your licence agreement with EA or something or another. Either way, buy yourself BF1942 and play it legit, stop being illegit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

valid point about the NOCD crack Winters, but im just curious as to why you would need the original CD for a mod like desert combat, as ive just put it in now and its asked for the BF1942 CD, surely anyone of them would do

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Jesus Winters, nice to see someone always suspecting the worst... I leant my copy of bf1942 to flavorflav, ask him yourself!

I have legit copies of bf1942 and r2r, I just think it's a bit moronic to have to swap the cds around with this patch when you didn't before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

shinzon,
    The CD Requirement is hard-cided into the game. when you change mods the "bf1942.exe" will check for a CD before changing mod, unless you have a super-warez but none of them really exist. Therefore, changing mods will always ask you for CD. If you want to go stright into Desert Combat and not have to change the mod everytime you start BF do the following, Put a shortcut on your desktop or whereever with the command line:
    "D:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +game DesertCombat +restart 1
    Though, change the "D:\Prog....." to "C:\Prog....." depending on where YOUR install is.

magpie, it doesnt bother me when people lend CDs, i just love to point out the EA Licence Agreement yolkie :) . Just the thing is, you can use one of the 2 BF CDs so use one of them. I never play RTR anymore anywhy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

thx M8

will do cant be bothered switching between the original battlefield disk to play desert combat and the swoww2 to play that. i guess im just a lazy git

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

You're not wrong about r2r winters... those maps are pretty ****e. As are those dopey WW1 style tanks. And the artificially symmetrical maps...

I wonder if secret weapons is going to be as much of a dog?

Advertisement