Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference between these mp3 players?

• 03-09-2003 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

Sorry to cross post but i realised this would be more suited to this forum,

Quote:

Quick question for ye, Im thinking about buying myself a nice new mp3 player and from friends advice and previous post on this forum i was thinking the creative zen NX, Good choice? its the battery life and sound quality that are most important to me so thats why it stuck out. And heres the other thing, on komplett they have the creative zen NX 30 gig at 325 and the vanilla zen 20 gig at 418, whats going on there? is that a miss print? i thought the zen NX was the new improved version of the vanilla zen. Right or Wrong
    Many thanks,
    dev

End quote:

I've done some more research but im still not sure what your paying nearly a 100 euro more for and getting 10 gigs less space, can anyone help me out here?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I'd presume the newer model just has a lower price point... as you've said the specs are nearly identical as far as i can tell.

(btw trim your sig to 4 lines).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Apologies 8) i just copied and pasted it from another forum i use.
    So its a better machine and its cheaper? is that possible? im not used to companies being nice to thier customers.....
    Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Dont think you can use the (optional) Wired remote with the ZenNX and it doesnt have the silver, metallic finish.

I think the ZenNX is another Zen, as opposed to a replacement?

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Fine, its not silver on the sides! :p

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

amazon.co.uk are selling rio volt for 161 euro http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000063TJ7/ref=ed_xsoc_ce_1_2/026-3531167-9098041
    including delivery (if its not a misprint) . not as good as zen , only usb1.1, bigger, can only send files to mp3 player . but has fm radio and cheap (if true). i emailed them 2day but got no reply yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Right well its on order and was shipped today so I should (I hope) have it tomorrow morning *gets on knees and thanks god for komplett 8)* so I'll give you guys the first impressions tomorrow evening and possibly if anyone is interested ill post again when I've given it a proper trial run.

Oh and btw one of my main concerns is that i use high quality headphones (sennheiser HD 25's) and i experienced major problems with my last disc man (Sony DEJ925) due to the sound quality being too high, in that the discman is fine when using the little treble machines you get with it but once it goes through the headphones and they add those stunningly gorgeous basslines the bass would distort because the output from the discman was too high.

Anyways im rambling here, too tired....

Thanks for your help,
    Dev

Advertisement