Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ISDN TA???

Options
  • 05-05-1999 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭

Lads i want an internal ISDN modem. Whats are good and what should I be expecting to pay??

Ta,

SB...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

I dunno what the Q1 lpb's r usin but the ta of choice for Q2 lpb's is the Zyxel omninet, expect to pay in the region of £180(that's external btw, dunno bout intern.)

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

Yeah, everyone says the Zyxel is the best.
    However, you can get cheap ISA internal TAs for about 20 quid. From who.....ummmm.....can't remember, and they'd be suppliers.
    We get promo faxs in the office with special offers and I've seen a good few offering cheap TAs. Probably crap though.
    Try CMS peripherals or Sharptext.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I cant seem to find any Zyxel internal TA's. I don't want an external TA full stop! I started searching for internal TA'a and came up with the 3Com ISDN Sportster 128. Can anyone tell me if this is a good TA or is it like the 56k modem that bears the name "SPORTSTER" ??? check it out at http://www.3com.com/products/dsheets/400390.html

SB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Don't go for the USR at least not if ya wanna play quake.

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

It really has to be an internal, I don't even want to think about external. Can I not get a Zyxel internal ?????

SB...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Auscom ISA or PCI internal (dont get ext)

all the better uk lpbs rave about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Just do the right thing and get the zyxel omni net external.

I have heard that the internals can be very tough to set up.

I have tried a multitech external and a pace external. The multitech could only connect to Tinet and Indigo. Im still trying to get the pace to connect to someone.

Now Im not a tech head but of the three omni nets that I've installed they have all worked first time and my omni net has been on 6 different pcs and only screwed up one, but that was a crap packard bell.

From my limited experience, I would stay away from anything but the zyxel unless you are a bit of a wiz at the old AT commands, some of those TAs dont have a decent user interface..

Vex..

Advertisement