Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fee's

Options
  • 03-09-2003 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I am going into DIT this month after doing my Leaving Cert this year and i just got my first letter from the college. I have to pay €670 rgeistration fee before 22nd September and I really wasn't expecting this. I haven't got the money and I don't think I'll be getting it before the deadline.

I thought that there was no college fee's. I am not eligable for a grant but I didn't think I would need one.

Does everyone have to pay this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Short answer YES everyone HAS to pay it unless you get a grant.

It comes every year.
    It was initially 150 pounds when the "free fees" were first introduced . It has climbed quite dramatically every year since.

If it's a case that you really can't pay it get in touch with the student's union in the college. They may be able to give you some advice on possible grants/loans etc that may be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Or go into a bank, explain the situation and you can probably get a short term college loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Banks are good at giving no questions loans of €1000 to students (we give students more because we know we can totally screw you over when you graduate to the real world).

Either a loan, or write to the college explaining your circumstances. They might be lenient about it, you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

afaik some colleges will let you pay in 2 or 3 installments. Ring them up and ask them what, if any, options you have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Are you sure you're not eligible for a grant? I think the deadline might have passed, but still, it would be worth checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

This link may be of some help

http://www.dit.ie/DIT/students/support/assistancefund.html

and also here

http://www.ditsu.ie/

the SU might be able to provide you with a short term loan

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement