Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the simpsons, is there anything they can't do?

Options
  • 03-09-2003 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

<<SUMMARISED CUS YOU CANT TYPE FOR **** :

are the simpsons the most influential cartoon ever?
    i'd like to hear from people who dont like them if possible.
    but if you like them i want to hear from you and we can rant on like muppets.

ps. blah blah blah blah blah etc. etc. i cant type for ****. NO TEXT TYPING PLEASE.

Vaguely interesting attachment.

/SUMMARY>>

Original text
    alright d simpsons. the most influential cartoon ever? probably. i'd b most interested 2 replies 2 dis from people who dislike d simpsons if dats possible. but if u luv dem 2 istill want 2 hear from u and we can b all like 'remember d one when...'

PS did anyone else here think idle hands was a great film?+has anyone else seen d lone gunmen/ i used 2 stay up till about half one to watch it

like nirvana? like d simpsons? check out d attachment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

<my thoughts>

Oh... it's only Mr. Burns.... KILL IT!

</my thoughts>

... I'd be all "lay off the newbie" but i'm tired so keep up the good work there.

Bake him away toys. ... What the kid said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Crash: That newbie owes you a debt of thanks.

[Troll]
    Ramirez: Here, in the internet, we have keyboards which allow us to type full words, this is so people like me don't develop psychotic urges from seeing how degraded written English has become. For the safty and sanity for others, please refrain from text speak on line.
    [/Troll]

Lordslippa: I'm surprized at you, you got here first its your duty to flame the nuwbie. Tut-tut

As in for the topic, yes the Simpsons are great and if everyone watched it there would be world peace. They produce a funny cartoon week in week out, without getting stale. You can watch episodes a 100 times and still find parts funny. Anything with Prof.Frink "That monkey will pay!" or Willie "Cheese eating surrender monkies!" and of course Mr.Burns and the Flying Monkies "Tell the boys to keep working on it". Ah this great. Its no family guy, but still.

As for the Lonegun Men, it was a bit farsical at times, but I liked the characters.

Crash: The term is fuppets (worse than a muppet, a f**king muppet)! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rose Ramirez

Alright the offending newbie back. No text talk but I'm lazy, must I constantly have to use capital letters? Good one when Prof. Frink flew his son out the window, sighed and said 'my wife is going to kill me' Also most new cartoons nowadays are crap in comparison to stuff like Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, James Bond Jnr. etc. Also The Monkees was a cool programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

"Father, give me legs"
    "What do you mean you don't play God here, you do nothing BUT play God. And I think your Octoparrot would agree." "SQUAWK! Polly shouldn't be."
    "Attempted murder, now really what is that? Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted Chemistry?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

"Quiet honey, you don't know how big this government is! It goes all the way to the White House..."

"uhhh.... well... in real life, the people won't burn... as quickly."

"Unshrink you? Well, that would require some sort of a re-bigulator, which is a concept so ridiculous is makes me want to laugh out loud and chortle, and... [Lisa looks at him] uh... but not at you, O holiest of gods, with the wrathfulness and the vengeance and the blood rain and the hey-hey-hey-it-hurts-me..."

Plus, the entire episode with Hank Scorpio in it. Heh. No-one ever says Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Chunk

look at this

AAAAAAAAAAIEEEEEEEEEEEE! SOMEBODY BEAT ME TO THE POLLY WASN'T MEANT TO BE QUOTE! DAMN YOU!

<thinks of how to show up stupid damned aine...> "I have a horsey... Neigh neigh..." <ask neil>

"Oh that is SO 1992."

"Well Bart, like your uncle martin used to say 'shoot em all and let god sort em out.' ... Unfortunately one day he decided to live by this philosophy. It took 17 federal agents to bring him down. Now let us never talk of him again." "But mom you didn't answer my question!" "Oh honey, listen to your heart... and not the voices in your head, like one uncle did that fateful october morning..."

"Marge, is this a boil or a wart?"

"Don't you have a crotch to pad?"

"Flanders to god, Flanders to god, get off your cloud and save my Todd!"

"Who's in the house? MARGE IS! Well she will be soon! Because there's cleaning to be done!"

"Do you really want to give my dad power of Attorney?!"

"Here's a ball... why don't you try bouncing it?"

"Don't be ridiculous! Everyone knows leprechauns became extinct aeons ago!"

"Whoa... what've I been smoking? Oh yeah... pot."

"ZEPPLIN ROCK!"

"Well *I* just got promoted at work and it's all down to YES I CANN-ABIS! .... WE HAVE A KITCHEN!?"

.... that's all for now...

Oh and the quality can REALLY dip some seasons but of late they've been making some good ones again... then again I keep missing most of their newer ones so perhaps I've only seen a few of the good ones.

Incidentally text talk makes you sound like an idiotic giddy little 12 year old girl. But picking on the n00bs is just too easy. Sometimes it has to be done, but it's really not worth the effort.

i have more pictures but i dont know how to put them up in the one post

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

"So, you don't like the old timey bikes, eh?"

"Me fail English? That's unpossible."

"Oh, Jar-Jar. Nobody loves you but me."

"Tonight's got nothing to do with nice. Tonight's all about...
    (tape: Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows, everything...)
    Sorry Marge, wrong tape."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Nice editing job, Neil.

"Homer, no! You'll kill us all!"
    "Or die trying!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

"trying is the first step towards failure."

"they call them fingers but i've never seen 'em fing... oh wait, there they go..."

"implied lisa, or implode?"

"stupider as a fox."

etc.

:cool:

"Engine black eggs. If we can keep these down we'll be sittin' pretty."

"Hey boss, I thought you said Troy McClure was dead?"
    "No, what I said is, he sleeps with the fishes. You see Lou..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Mr Burns: "Snowmen have peepers. Peepers to watch. Watch for that moment of weakness and then BAFF comes the knock on the head and your down!"
    Homer: "Aaa! What do we do?"
    Mr Burns : "Oh...wouldn't you like to know."

"Oh Lisa, you and your stories. Bart is a vampire. Beer kills brain cells."

"Knife goes in, guts come out. Knife goes in, guts come out."

"Lord, I know I shouldn't eat thee..... Mmmm...sacriliscious..."

"Mmmm...free goo..."

"Mmmm.... Fifty dollar pretzel..."

"Mmmm... open faced club sand wedge."

"I'm just going out to... STALK, Lenny and ... Karl... D'oh!"

Homer : "Looks like he's barking up the wrong Bush! Heh heh!"
    Homer's Brain : "Good job Homer, the cleverest thing you'll ever say
    and no-one was around to hear it."
    Homer : "D'oh!"

"I gotta go, my wiener kids are listening."

"I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!"

"Implosion... but boss I thought you said explo... MWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

Oh dear, I'd better stop now before I fill the page. See below for one last one...

"Now i'm going to teach some bullys a lesson"
    "Barts a tutor now,tute on,son,tute on"

"Marge how could y-,was he better than me"

"Good night Pepsi"
    "Pepi"

"My cats breath smells like cat food"

"Yes I am interested in long distance saving.VERY interested"

"i have had with school! The low test scores,class after class of, ugly,ugly children!"

"When ever i hear the wind blow i'll hear of the name Lowenstien"
    "My name's White"
    Whispers to her self"Lowenstien"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RockViper

Homer: Marge remember that time I took a home wine making course and forgot how to drive?

Marge: Thats becasue you were drunk!

Homer: And how!

Homer: All I'm going to use this bed for is eating, sleeping and building the occaisional fort.

Flanders: Did anyone pray for giant shoes?
    Rod: I did!
    Flanders: Okily dokily

Grandpa: Not many people know, I owned the first radio in Springfield. Weren't much on the air then, just Edison reciting the alphabet over and over. "Aaaaa" he'd say. Then "B". "C" would usually follow...

Man:I'm tired of these jokes about my giant hand. The first such
    incident occurred in 1956 when...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

"Or what? You'll release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouths so when they bark they shout bees out"

"We must move forwards not backwards, upwards not forwards and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom."

Marge, are there other men in this house? RADIOACTIVE men?

Come on Homer! Come on Homer! Pretend this is baseball and get us a homer!

"I don't want to suffocate him"
    "Yeah Marge, cause then we'd get the chair..."

"Mountain Dew or Crab Juice!"
    "Ew... euch! I'll take a crab juice!"

When I was a boy, I too dreamt of being a baseball.

Why? Why was I programmed to feel pain?

"Back then we had to say dickety because the Kaiser stole our word for twenty. I chased him for dickety-two miles to get that word back..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

"You see, back then the rich people would drive around showering the streets with coins. And one day I saw someone in a car, so I got my washtub and ran out to the street. I had just used my washtub that day to prepare a turkey, which in those days was called "A walking bird". We'd always have walking bird on thanksgiving. And we'd also watch football, which in those days was called baseball."

Completely innacurate I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

"On one of my regular trips to the floor, I noticed that Molloy had sneakers... for sneaking!"

Homer: "Twenty dollars? I wanted a peanut!"
    Homer's Brain: "Twenty dollars can buy you many peanuts."
    Homer: "Explain how."
    Homer's Brain: "Money can be exchanged for goods and services."
    Homer: "Woo-hoo!"

"Aurora borealis? At this time of the year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, all localised in your kitchen?"
    "....Yes."
    "May I see it?"
    "....No."
    "Seymour, the house is on fire!"
    "No, Mother, it's just the northern lights."

• Advertisement

I know it's on meh sig, but it was in tonights new episode, and kinda shows that the new eps can still produce the good quotes.

"Are you there god, it's me, DUFFMAN!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

"Making teenagers depressed is like shooting fish in a barrel"
    "Lady, I have been grossly misinformed about witches"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

I HATE THE SIMPSONS! I seem to be the only person on Earth but I do not watch the Simpsons (hence the name). Thet're not even remotely funny yet it's become a worldwide obsession only accepted because there's no one left to fight! I can't do it on my own some help here people!

Originally posted by Outcast
    I HATE THE SIMPSONS!
    DIE FOUL HEATHEN!

Anyway,

"There are no good wars, with the exceptions of the American Revolution, World War 2, and the Star Wars trilogy"

"Hey! He really is Duffman! Then I must really be Jesus! Up, up and away!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rose Ramirez

My favourite quote : 'He's escaped? May god have mercy on us all! Honey I have to go out where are my slippers?'
    'In the Den'
    'The Den? May God have mercy on us all'

Probably Inaccurate

Grandpa: "I was on PT109 when we found out that JFK was a Nazi"

(memory of PT109)

JFK: "Ich bein ein Berliner"

Grandpa: "He's a Nazi! Lets get him!"

FYI, JFK has the distinction of having been in command of the only PT boat ever rammed by an enemy in World War 2. The things were basically small yachts with some machine guns and torpedoes, but he managed to "miss" a Japanese destroyer. It was foggy, but a destroyer isn't exactly small compared to a (highly agile) PT boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Calman

Homer: "And a ooga booga to you too"

Can't remember the context but I'm pretty sure it was simpsons and very funny. If someone remembers this will u tell me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

"You kissed a girl? That is so gay!"

Not sure but I think it was Jimbo or one of them to Nelson...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

not sure if this's been posted:

Dean...."oh my god! that sounds like a pig fainting"

Advertisement