Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wonderful World of ISDN and CFGs.

Options
  • 06-05-1999 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Lo all,

This nice I-Modem TA thingy is now installed and slapped up on my PC, and very nice it is too. First attempts have seen my ping drop to about 90 - 120. smile.gif

I've spent the better part of 2 years tweaking normal dial-ups to give faster connects, and was just wondering is there anything else I can do to my ISDN connect, that I wouldn't have done to a normal dial up? This is uncharted territory for me, so any advice will be gratefully recieved. IS Tinet the ISDN ISP choice? It's who I'm stuck with ATM.

On the subject of tweaking, What are the prefered settings of other ISDN users for things like Rate, Cl_nodelta, Cl_maxfps, or any other performance related settings?

It would be nice to have a solid base from which to start off on Q3.....

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

"I have the Hardware, and here I come."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Don't throw away your dublin dial up No. the local pop's go to hell at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Im not too far behind u Jadey Boy...

Take It modemers !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

LPBs just plain and simply suck at quake, having a low ping is cheating... LPBs should be forced to play wirh proxy lag and proxy pl equal to the highest HPW....

I really cant understand why anyone would trade their inconsistent modem ping for isdn. Ah well.......!

Poge ma hone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

You got isdn u ****er!!! smile.gif

So when can u come and visit? smile.gif

Advertisement