Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I trust my G/F on holiday in Greece?

• 04-09-2003 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My girlfriend is gone to greece for 2 weeks with two of her girlfriends. While we are going out for 7months,and recently told each other we love each other,im not sure wheter i can trust her.

The holidays were planned before we starting going out and no doubt she planned to go over and meet a few guys like any other girl would do, not sure wheter i can trust her or not.

Its really getting at me not knowing what she might be up to right now! Anybody ever have the same problem??? Just been really protective and not sure if your girlfriend is gonna be faithful?

Any comments are appreciated.

-L

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No offense but if you don't know what your girlfriends like how are we supposed to know?

Each person is different, only you know the answer to this one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They are going over there to get some major cock thrown nto them. Or at least were.
    She'll more then liekly have her ass filled.

Ask her for anal sex when she returns, if she's refused before, but accepts after coming back I think it's pretty obvious.

This could be a good thing though. Might loosen her up (not too much mind) / open her eyes to things she may not have considered before / threesomes etc.

Then again maybe she's going over there for the cheap crates of Amstel. *** I'd prefer it if it was for sex. Safer in the long run :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

She has texted me everyday saying that she misses me,and rang me today to tell me she loves me and really misses me.

I mean im just asking has anyone else been in same situation,girlfriend away and all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭deathcube ^_^

Well it's not like there's anything you can do.....
    You wont know if you can trust her, less past experience and if you grill her about it you'll cause ripples in the relationship.

if she texts you every day then i'd trust her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i was was kind of in the same situation, last summer but it was me who whent away and all i can say is think about the bits they cut for ibiza uncovered and multiply it x2 ;) , i was so going to be good but on the plane over the lads convinced otherwise. but hey thats me i am normally never faitfull.but it really depends on the person and what kind of relationship it is, its up to you we cant tell you what she is going to do she is the only one who can answer that. personally i would be a man whore while she was away but this is just me [so hope there are no x's on the boards,most of them dont know]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

You either trust her or you don't - make up your own mind!!!

If she wanted to cheat on you, she wouldn't have to go to Greece to do it!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

fe*k sake man us girls can go away without getting up to anything you know!
    if she's texting you everyday then you know she can be trusted!
    what's the point being with someone if you can't trust them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

the fact that you even started this thread is reason enough for you to end your relationship and if your girlfriend was to read this she would probable wish she had been unfaithful, stop bein such a selfish 8asterd and let her enjoy her life without having a big ball and chain hanging out of her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

"She has texted me everyday saying that she misses me,and rang me today to tell me she loves me and really misses me."

This is obviously guilt after shes slept with yet another guy.Just count the texts and you'll know how many times shes been screwed over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Can I trust my G/F on holiday in Greece?

How the hell should we know, she's you're girlfriend!

Maybe yes, maybe no, I don't do the tarrot.

Aside : I recommend a pre-emptive, retaliatory strike on your part (sleep with her best friend in Ireland), that way (a) you get laid and (b) you ensure that if she is sleeping around on you... you've at least gotten your own back.

In fact rather then wait around for "the day"... the war against "the man" starts... I recommend you take a gun, climb a tower somewhere and start taking pot shots at the yokals.

T'is armageddon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

"What the eye don't see - the chef get's away with."

The fact that you are scared that your girlfriend may be with another man is showing your insecurity towards the relationship. Do you not trust her? Does she trust you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Two weeks - boo hoo.

My girlfriend is moving out of the country in 2 weeks and will be gone for the best part of 20 months. You don't see me whinging on the boards.

(God - I'm in a foul mood)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski
    Two weeks - boo hoo.

My girlfriend is moving out of the country in 2 weeks and will be gone for the best part of 20 months. You don't see me whinging on the boards.

(God - I'm in a foul mood)

err, I think you just did whinge.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

(God - I'm in a foul mood) [/B]

why don't you set up a thread here and tell us about it Jeff
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Go and ask her mother. That should liven up the relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Sound like a typical insecure male. Trust her until she gives you a reason no to then dump her.

If she never gives you a reason then happy days.

Trust in relationships is totally misunderstood. If she's going to be unfaithful to you it's going to happen whether you trust her or not, being insecure and untrusting is going to make absolutely no difference if she's intent on being unfaithful.

So trust her totally until she gives you reason not to.

.logic.

What logic said

and also, the sleeping with her best friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Man, just go do the dirt on her first before she gets back, then you'll be more worried about her finding out, and you'll not be worrying about what she's up to anymore!!! Problem solved!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

**** me, there are some right bastards on this board today.

The poor guy's just looking for a bit if help and reassurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Help and reassurance :rolleyes:

Its just a simple thing - he either trusts her or he doesn't!! If he doesn't trust her then why is he still with her???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

You should cheat on her first just in case , that way you'll have the last laugh if she ever cheats on you.

See thats not so hard.

Originally posted by misswex
    If he doesn't trust her then why is he still with her???

Sex on tap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

me GF just back from 2 1/2 months in San Diego. She did nothing I did nothing and everything's cool. Two of the girls in the apartment had BFs and slept with other people even though their BFs came to visit. Its all down to how good your relationship is, what sort of girl she is. No one can tell you here except urself. Some girls will cheat others won't. which is yours????

Originally posted by uberwolf
    me GF just back from 2 1/2 months in San Diego. She did nothing I did nothing and everything's cool. Two of the girls in the apartment had BFs and slept with other people even though their BFs came to visit. Its all down to how good your relationship is, what sort of girl she is. No one can tell you here except urself. Some girls will cheat others won't. which is yours????

Ha ha you've been played :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Originally posted by Sposs
    Ha ha you've been played :)

And how in gods name would u know that?

Originally posted by uberwolf
    Two of the girls in the apartment had BFs and slept with other people even though their BFs came to visit.

Thats How.

Sposs werent you in San Diego there recently :eek:

No Comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well normally I would say you should be able to trust her. However in the case of your girlfriend (since the people on boards know her far better than you do) I'd say "what the hell are you thinking man?". Strap a wire and hidden camera to her or don't let her go away. Or you could just ignore my advice and go with what you know yourself of her :p

• Advertisement

you couldnt really ask for advice like that here as we dont know her and cant tell you what she is going to do, the most you could be hoping for is someone to say no she wont women arent like that , but that aint going to happen.so lets just poke some more fun at his relationship :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

There's no point in going on about it or even thinking about it for that matter. You will only know if she was with someone when she gets back - if she decides to tell you about it. Stop thinking about it cause you will drive yourself nuts and the rest of boards.ie along with you. You either A) trust her and that's it. B) Finish on the chance that she might have shagged someone abroad. If you don't trust her, then your love for her is not real, it's conditional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Depends entirely on the nature of your relationship.

If she's texting you every day and calling to say she misses you, you can be fairly sure that she's not lying. I mean, why would she bother? If she were that much of a cheating bitch, wouldn't she just avoid you for the fortnight that she's getting laid, then look a bit sheepish when she gets home?

I hate the assumption that people apart for a holiday will cheat.

Distance relationships are difficult to sustain. A fortnight without your partner isn't.

I mean, would you be this paranoid if she'd decided to book a fortnight in Bognor Regis? (Which is a town for the elderly on the south coast of England). Greece is Greece. It's not necessarily Temptation Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Rugger Bugger
    I mean im just asking has anyone else been in same situation,girlfriend away and all...

my g/f is away all the time cept for Holidays [X-Mas and summer] and hell I trust her.
    hard work keeping it together tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by logic1
    Sound like a typical insecure male. Trust her until she gives you a reason no to then dump her.

If she never gives you a reason then happy days.

Trust in relationships is totally misunderstood. If she's going to be unfaithful to you it's going to happen whether you trust her or not, being insecure and untrusting is going to make absolutely no difference if she's intent on being unfaithful.

So trust her totally until she gives you reason not to.

.logic.

Er... what he said. (/me is in shock).

If you don't trust the girl you are going out with then you shouldn't be in a relationship. If she knew how insecure you were and how little you trusted her then I say she'd dump you because there's nothing worse than a lack of trust.

Like logic said, trust her until you have a reasonable reason not to.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

/me points at most of the other replies.

You're going to be worried/jealous. It might be irrational and not based on anything in particular, but you can't exactly force yourself to feel relaxed when you're not.

As everyone's said, the least she deserves is the benefit of the doubt. Anyone who tells you that you're a fool is bitter.

• Advertisement

I'm Bitter :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Jaysus i'll never forget when i was in crete.
    We were shagging girls with boyfriends, engagement and wedding rings.
    Man out of all the women i saw over there Not 1 stayed faithful to their other half.
    Its the drink and the sun.
    Plus every activity in a resort is based arounbd sex.
    The reps will nearly make people have sex on the stage that dont even know each other.
    She wont possibly be able to stop herself.
    The only chance youhave is if yoyu go to and dont let her out of your sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if she comes back with a sunburnt back and ass with white hand prints on her hips, youre in trouble....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

She has texted me everyday saying that she misses me,and rang me today to tell me she loves me and really misses me.

Yus,
    nothing really to worry about. You just have to ask yourself "Do You trust her".

also, if she is contacting you that much then she does miss you, and you are on her mind. So i would say you dont have much to worry about.

When she does come back,if she doesnt leap on ya and dance the funky Chicken with any passion, then you can prolly say she got some deep dicking and isnt really sexually frustrated.

*shrug*

then again, maybe she just aint in the mood :D
    o the guess work ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Typical insecure Irish guy. Dammit man be yourself and not an adjunct to somebody else. Do the right thing, rather than define yourself by whether or not somebody else does the right thing.

And, if you have such qualms about and difficulties with trusting your girlfriend, your relationship is probably not built on the best of foundations. Rather than beat yourself up about it now, and give her a (psychologically) rough time about it when she comes back, it will probably be best for her and for you if you go your separate ways.

You'll know when you find yourself in the right circumstances to try a trusting relationship for real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

If a girl goes on holidays with her mates and leaves her bf at home they mean business :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TRIAX

My girlfriend is gone to greece for 2 weeks with two of her girlfriends. While we are going out for 7months,and recently told each other we love each other,im not sure wheter i can trust her.

The holidays were planned before we starting going out and no doubt she planned to go over and meet a few guys like any other girl would do, not sure wheter i can trust her or not.

Its really getting at me not knowing what she might be up to right now! Anybody ever have the same problem??? Just been really protective and not sure if your girlfriend is gonna be faithful?

-L

How long did it take you to sleep with her in the first place?? If it was quickly into the relationship then chances are she is a slut and is shagging every cock on the island. Your better of dumping her, shagging her best m8, even her mum, But what ever you decide always remember that "Other men most likely HAD her".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well tell her you want her to go for STD scrrening and an hiv test when she returns .

or failing that get her one of these
    female-chastity-belt-front-view.jpg

http://kinkyconsumer.com/Reviews/Chastity/female-chastity-belt.htm

:D

Originally posted by Thaed
    Well tell her you want her to go for STD scrrening and an hiv test when she returns .

or failing that get her one of these
    female-chastity-belt-front-view.jpg

http://kinkyconsumer.com/Reviews/Chastity/female-chastity-belt.htm

:D

A chick with a remote controlled pleasure belt?

Like it!!!

Get one of those 'anyway'.....

then sleep with her best friend & umm...
    ask if you can borrow the belt first.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    If a girl goes on holidays with her mates and leaves her bf at home they mean business :)
    I dunno, not everyone works when they go abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

wow lots of advice
    trust features alot here
    three importatn things in life
    look back in forgiveness (of yourself)
    focus on the present
    look forward with hope.
    If you can do the last and never mind the other boarders here telling you about their past- which they have yet to forgive- then you can look forward in hope to ur lovers return.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

im not sure wheter i can trust her.
    And is there anything you can do about it if you can't?

(The answer is "no" by the way. Unless you plan a pre-emptive strike, in which case I'd suggest invading Poland. Probably less hassle than sleeping with her best friend)

Switching into cynical mode, she'll probably tell everyone over there that she's getting married in a month. That attracts fellas like flies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Congrats, you are (or about to be) a cuckold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Originally posted by Doodee
    if she is contacting you that much then she does miss you, and you are on her mind. So i would say you dont have much to worry about.

Unless she's only texting him to make it seem like she misses the guy, while she's actually in the middle of a great biiiiiig orgy. Yeah Baby!

Does she be panting when talking to you on the phone?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement