Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today is Ireland Offline Appreciation Day.

Options
  • 04-09-2003 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭

Dear members of Ireland Offline,

As one of the members of Ireland Offline, I would like to show my appreciation to all members and especially to core members and committee, past and present.

Some people may be asking why today of all days, is this member of Ireland Offline gone mad or sometime.

No, I haven't. Today is a day you can bear witness to a remarkable achievement.

Ireland has truly joined the rest of the world and europe by having *Fixed Rate Internet Access available form the three Main Internet Providers.

Until today, when Eircom finally folded and offered Dial up Fixed Rate Access, can we truly say that we have joined the rest of the world.

If you would like to show your appreciation for this remarkable achivement by a group of Irish Internet users, who used the internet itself to bring about a dramitic change in Irish Society.

Then to day is the day, to talk about Ireland Offline to your friends, relatives and work mates.

Don't wait around until your a Grand Dad/Mom, and your Grandchild is sitting on your knee and she/he ask's. You.

"Could you tell me about the history, of the Internet in Ireland?"

After you fill in the background history and you happen to mention "IrelandOffline". The Grand Child then ask's you:

"You was alive then, how did you ___________________".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yeah. Credit where credit is due. The Founders, the volunteers, and all pro-active members have a justifiable right to be proud of IrelandOFFlines achievments to date.

Well done , and yes I was there and witnessed it. Honest!.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

We added a new section to the IOFFL site last night that we will be growing, which I feel is relevant since there is a drive on to bring new visitors to the site.

The official site has a new block on the left hand side labelled "Irish ISP Costs". This is long overdue on our part and in response to the many mails we get asking for the info.

Its broken into sub sections, DSL, wireles, cable, satellite, and dialup. The beginnings of the much promised Irish Internet Guide is in the "Which one for me?" section.

This one is going to grow and grow. We're taking on the committment of having up to date with the most recent details on pricing and availability. It should also be a place where non-savvy Internet users can get up to speed on the choices.

Thanks to Corkie for getting us started with his flat rate chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Without coming here i would never have known half the things I do now about dealing with Eircon ETC ETC ETC

And i wouldnt still be continuing my one man crusade to get broadband

Shin

SO big ups to IRELANDOFFLINE and thanks for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

thanks alot irelandoffline, without your work I wouldnt have a nice big 6 hours per day FRIACO package. :)

This forum also helped alot in my little war with eircom over a certain grey box outside my house (a line splitter)....... which I WON btw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*me throws hat in the air*:D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Lets not stop here! Lets get those bloody 26MBPS lines they have in Sweeden!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Dedicated to Irelandoffline

Keep reaching for that rainbow.

Advertisement