Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm sure this has been suggested before but...

Options
  • 04-09-2003 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Well I was just wondering if it were possible to have a language option in User CP.

This would basically take the form of :

Enable Offensive Content Filter

Disable Offensive Content Filter.

Enabling it would include the **** around such words as Fúck while disabling it would remove them.

Obviously this would require extensive coding assuming ye're code isnt based around storing the post in its original context and just blotting out the offensive bits when your printing it.

Difficult or not, perhaps the next time Ecksor or Cloud go on a mad coding binge, perhaps they could have a look?

Or perhaps even Dev who someone manages to escape everyones attention when questions of coding comes up - you do code right, your not just a pretty face?

This, of course, is all assuming that ye dont like the current set up as much as me, and that the language filter isnt there because ye put it there and not that it was originally there and ye were just too lazy/busy to remove it, or both.

I'm just throwing the idea out there, do as ye wish.

Flame ON!
    :ninja:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by Ivan

Or perhaps even Dev who someone manages to escape everyones attention when questions of coding comes up - you do code right, your not just a pretty face?
    :ninja:

Hmm, let me pull up the chair a little closer, I want to see this.....:D

Advertisement