Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politicians ...(mini Rant+question)

Options
  • 04-09-2003 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

there is something that is bothering me and don't completely understand....

Politicians who 'have' to resign or are just plain kicked out of politics, why are they not punished ? If a criminal can not profit from his crimes why would a politician be able to profit from a lost career ? I don't understand why politicians go freely after they lost the public millions of whatever money by not doing his job ?

They are talking about responsibility but where are theirs ?
    Do most of these 'resigned' people not find a very well paid job somewhere on a board because they have some connections and links ? Why do we not change it like, anyone in the government should not have any link with any cooperation ?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

the same thing has me gritting my teeth as well Wook.
    As Liam lawlor is a convicted criminal (x3 times) it really upsets me that he doesn't give a toss. He laughing at us all and I don't think he's the only bad egg.
    Of course when he went to prison he had phones, a laptop, internet access, didn't meet any other inmates ever, the gym was reserved for him alone at certain parts of the day. It was more of a break for him.
    Even when they're embezzling from the country, they still live a privilaged life (who'll forget CJH stealing from Brian Lenihans's liver transplant fund?)
    Evil people but well protected.
    We can't change it because it's the people with the power to change things that are doing the most wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Form you own party, get people informed, get out on the streets and spread the message, get your self elected and change things, im sorry to say things won't change unless people change them, don't sit around waiting for Bertie 'im not a crook' Ahern, to change things :(

Advertisement