Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Explorer 2

Options
  • 04-09-2003 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Anyone come across this before, MYIE2

Just stumbled across it. Its a hack of IE and allows you to use tabs, mouse gestures, themes, cookie blocking.

Thought it might be worth a look for people using IE and not happy mozilla (for whatever reason, probally memory ;) or startup time).

Anyhew, this thing seems to run off the core files of IE so should work fine with all pages designed for IE.

Anyhew, I never heard of it before and thought it might be of interest to some.

Its only 1.6mbs and free.

Check it out here: http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I tried a lot of these a while back and in the end settled for NetCaptor. Paid for it an' everfing.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

MyIE is a great little proggie, used to use it a couple of months ago but lost it.
    I like the way you can assign hotkeys. You can use ctrl + Return in IE to fill in the http://www. and the .com part of a url but in MyIE you can assign keys so it puts in .ie or .co.uk or whatever.
    cheers for the link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭PaulMagrath

Have to agree dahamsta.

I love NetCaptor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Mozilla has had these features for a while now. And its a much better browser than IE. I have to say i notice a performance increase when i use MOzilla Firebird as compared to IE6 on my aging comp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭PaulMagrath

Mozilla is fine for most things but sometimes you need IE6 (for example sometimes when viewing sites from a certain Evil Empire called Microsoft!).

NetCaptor gives you all the cool stuff of Mozilla - mouse gestures,etc and adds it's own innovation (tabbed browsing - which has since been stolen by who knows who many browsers) and features like military-grade erasure of your internet history and cache all the time keeping fully compatible with ALL web sites thanks to it's IE6 core.

• Advertisement
Advertisement