Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clicksilver doldrums

Options
  • 04-09-2003 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

is anyone else currently waiting to be connected to clicksilver??

it's taking aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages 8(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Assuming you've tried all the usual channels, drop an email to Martin Lyons at martin@u.tv with your CS account number. He does respond to mail, but there's no guarantee, of course, that he will say what you want to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Negotiator

I'm waiting since the 7th of August, almost a month now :(
    UTV say they're still waiting for confirmation from Eircon, whatever that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

yes im also waiting, notice they cashed my cheque though :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Boston
    yes im also waiting, notice they cashed my cheque though :confused:
    I'd have a canary if they did that to me. Elara tried it on me a while back, took the money off my Laser even though they didn't have the parts to build my machine. When the part still hadn't arrived when they said it would I made them give it back and cancelled the order.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

well i'll put it this way, if i don't have it by the end of september i'll be asking for my money back as well. IBB ripwave propuct should be up at mounthjoy within the year, and thats just better then radsl. Also notice i pay from when the account is activated, not from when DHL deliver the modem, which is only shipped when the account is activated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Originally posted by the_corpo
    is anyone else currently waiting to be connected to clicksilver??

it's taking aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages 8(

Phone them , e-mail them , and get onto martin , I know u shouldn't have to , but if u feel u want it bad enough then do.

I have a thread about my experience here somewhere its worth a read , its called communication between utv and here , do a search , it might help .

found the link to that thread this morning :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1047904#post1047904

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

Presumably Eircom is messing them around? Even if that's not the case, that's what they will tell you in any event...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

Waiting since 19th July, heard nothing, got no reply, what if I was running a business?

It's no wonder the economy is in the doldrums, the whole country is a laughing stock, the government, the costs of basic things in this day and age, like having an internet connection that you have paid for 7 weeks ago.

Blame Eircon but also blame the regulator that let them get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Limey
    Blame Eircon but also blame the regulator that let them get away with it.
    Indeed. Eircom are a business. And while it doesn't excuse their excuses, incompetence or shady business practices, you almost expect them to cheat, lie, bribe, act difficult, get into a hissy fit and so on. Obviously they do most of those things (it's been documented here (for the lawyer reading)). The ultimate culprits, when regulation fails, are those who are supposed to be regulating. And obviously those who appointed them and set the unenforced rules in the first place.

Waiting since July 19th, now, well I'd be screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

UTV have said numerous times that they take the money first because they get charged straight away whether the connection is capable of DSL or not. If it turns out it's not capable, they refund the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

I know that PiE, what I am saying is, the only company that I have any ties with, for this matter UTV, I should be complaining about their service, we all know that the reality seems to be that Eircon are looking after their own customers before they look after anyone elses, I'm sure seven weeks is adequate time to connect me to the service that I ordered & paid for, how long does it take?

I have been a regular reader of this forum for a long time and thought that some people were a bit too demanding, especially with a new product, I changed my mind though when I heard some of the stories here, it's actually getting funny at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by PiE
    UTV have said numerous times that they take the money first because they get charged straight away whether the connection is capable of DSL or not. If it turns out it's not capable, they refund the money.
    UTV gets the refund too. They're a big strong company, they can afford to take the hit, and Irish consumers shouldn't be punished for Eircom's lack of investment in their last mile network.

adam

Advertisement