Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

right NTL ... sling your hook

• 04-09-2003 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

finally did it and called NTL this morning to cancel my subscription with immediate effect

Someone will be 'round within the next 10 days to disconnect the external cable.

I wonder will they use the same calendar for disconnection as they do for all their other activities :rolleyes:

When asked for the reason why I was no longer subscribing I gave them three :
    1. poor signal quality
    2. I have Sky Digital
    3. they promised broadband when I connected 3 years ago and there's not a sniff of it and I don't like being lied to

Rupert Murdoch 1 - 0 NTL

(my FTV card is still giving me Channel 4... but for how long ? I couldn't justify the NTL subscription for a single channel that will hopefully come onto the Sky platform soon enough.... it's only TV after all)

Fiver says I'll be replying in a few weeks time that they didn't disconnect and I'm trying to stop their direct debits and get a refund....

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Thread moved to the Cable and MMDS forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

whooops. Sorry about that.
    :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by icdg
    Thread moved to the Cable and MMDS forum.

R u sure?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In the end I had to ring up as I was still getting bills..

But when I rang - it was down in the computer that I had cancelled previously.

So if you are lucky you might get some free TV for a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by celticfc
    R u sure?

maybe ntl are comming around in the next 10 days to move the thread:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Its between two stools, but ICDG is right on this one. This thread is more about NTL's failings than Sky's goodness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Originally posted by dmeehan
    maybe ntl are comming around in the next 10 days to move the thread:D

I vote that the post of the month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

When asked for the reason why I was no longer subscribing I gave them three :
    2. I have Sky Digital

Rupert Murdoch 1 - 0 NTL
    Murdoch part-owns NTL as well as Sky.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by colinsky

2 - 0 Murdoch so. :D but are you sure??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by colinsky

Er... no.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Indeed NTL is now mainly owned by its bondholders after it went into Chapter 11 last year. Murdoch and Sky have nothing other than a commercial relationship with the company.

Advertisement