Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosmology

• 04-09-2003 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Lecture on September 10th, in Fastnet Room, Jury's Hotel, Western Road. 8:00PM (not sure if there is a cover charge at the door or not.)

"Creationist Cosmology" by Mark Sweetnam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Did you go?

"Creationist Cosmology" sounds more like pseudo-science!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

no, I had planned to go but unfortunately couldn't make it on the night. Afterwards I heard it was a fiver on the door, which seemed a bit steep!!
    I don't think it was pseudo-science at all, probably just a presentation of the facts as we know them. This guy was a university graduate and practising astronmer so i'd say it was pretty informative, maybe someone else on boards went?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

To me, it sounds suspiciously like those "scientists" who evoke god to explain all the bits we don't yet understand... alarmbells go off whenever I hear words like creationist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement