Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Display Problem

• 04-09-2003 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭

I have a Dell latitude C600. It's not too old, I decided to rebuild it recently sticking Win2k Back on. I was having some problems getting the correct drivers for it on the Dell website so I rang them and they gave me the exact file names of the drivers I needed to download, relevent to my dell service tag. Everything is fine except for one thing.... When I boot it up, when it comes to the screen where I have to hit ctrl-alt-del to log on, the screen goes blank. I've figured out that If I hit the "Fn" (function) key and the "F8(CRT/LCD)" keys 3 times it brings the screen back on and its back to normal again. Its like as if it starts up thinking its connected to a monitor or projector or something... When I turn the laptop off and back on again the same thing happens every time... Anybody have any ideas on how I can stop this???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Stark

there might be an option of default monitor output under display control panel/settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Tried that, but there doesn't seem to be anything there... Had a look in the bios too, not much there either.

Advertisement