Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Dvd

Options
  • 04-09-2003 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I got a problem with my xbox DVD drive. It doesnt read copied DVDs movie.
    Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

buy the real thing and stop breaking the law and threatening jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

copied dvds will not play in your x-box simply because they are copies, you need to get your x-box chipped in order for them to work, bear in mind chipping your machine will mean you wont have access to x-box live

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

... unless you put in a switch to turn the mod chip on and off at will ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Club_Med

shinzon I read somewhere even if xbox is not chipped I should be able to see copied movies anyway. the chip is only for copied games and region free DVDs. it can be maybe a problem with the Philips DVD-ROM ?

but then again...let me think further.....I dont want to break the low.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

it could depend on the firmware in the DVD drive alright... I'd say earlier models may be more open to that kinda thing than the more recent ones?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Praes xbox will play copies even though it isn't chipped. The problem is probably what DVDs you use. The xbox is a bit picky with what writable dvds are used and usually only plays good quality ones. It's the same with a chipped PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Club_Med

thanks guys I`ll try different DVDs brand.
    last option: Pot Tweaking

Advertisement