Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIT info?

• 04-09-2003 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

I got my first choice on my CAO (Product Design FT001) in the first round and accepted that day on the net, that was 2 weeks ago and apart from my CAO confirmation I have heard nothing since. Im just wondering when you're supposed to be sent out all the info cus its a new course so theres not many people who can tell me where to go or what to do, or when the **** i start!
    Any help/advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,113 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm not trying to be smart but have you tried ringing DIT

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I got my package about 2 weeks ago (going into 2nd year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

I rang them but only got a fairly wierd answering message (some guy counting to ten). I just want to know if I should be worried about this or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,113 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

OK,

Try ringing DIT Students Union and see if they know who can help

http://www.ditsu.ie/

The phone number is 4969741

Ask to speak to Hugh O Reilly or Brian Whitney

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I'll get in touch with them on monday, cheers mate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

If you want information see dit FT001

There are two names at the end of the page also with e-mail address I imagine the lower one is the course co-ordinator. If you cant get through try www.dit.ie go to contacts and get through to anyone in the enginneering dept. They will be only to happen to forward you on. If all fails I will find out for you tommorrow myself PM me tommorrow before lunch and I will get you through to someone who can help.

Finally managed to get through to them today, after half en hour on hold, and it turns out bolton st. haven't sent the info out yet so it's all grand. Although i still don't know when i start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

First years should be starting in DIT (Kevin St at least) on Monday, September 15th. Everyone else on the Monday after (September 22th).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by DMT
    Everyone else on the Monday after (September 22th).

Is it normal for classes to start 4 days before we register ( going into 2nd year ) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damson

Mountjoy square DIT is being renovated, so if the course registration is usually there it’s later than usual this year. The builders haven’t finished yet apparently. I’m the same, starting nearly a week before registration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

Originally posted by Repli
    Is it normal for classes to start 4 days before we register ( going into 2nd year ) ?

Yup...that always happens...Last year we were in a week and a half before we registered! (It gets a bit annoying waiting to Register so you can get a locker tho!)

Advertisement