Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi Technical sales - part time -

• 04-09-2003 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals,

heres the craic, we are considering getting someone in to start calling our database of customers giving them a quick survey call

Im thinking we get a college student to do this for us maybe putting in about 10-20 calling hours PW

If you can give me an Idea of how much you expect to be paid
    and how many hours you can do per week (between mon to fri 10-5)
    the business is data storage and we require someone with a basic understanding ob business technology

example
    you knwo the name of operating systems like win 2000/3 red hat etc etc

you know what 10/100 and gigabit are

you know what oracle 9i and and SAP R3 is ( you dont have to understand what it does)

and you can learn some basic information regarding storage
    like tape backup and disk storage

this is a sales type job, you will will have to have to be comfortable on the phone.

please respond here or PM if interested

i expect the project to run in October/ November and take anywhere from 2-5 months

Regards,
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Not being a smartypants Alan but a vague location would be good.

Dublin I assume?

If it was in the mid-wesht I'd happily give it a go myself (my college money will be rather tight this year I expect).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you give a more exact idea of what's on offer, you may get some bites. Pay is always a big one, maybe specify a range? :)

If it's part-time, weekdays, you're probably going to get a part-time student, i.e. one that needs a little more income than your run of the mill full time student bum. Survey work is also mingin, and the person needs a little bit of tech know-how, so you're probably talking €9-€10 p.h.

That's what I'd expect anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Hi guys,

sorry about the lack of information

Firstly I must stress that the position will start in October
    ( its not a deffinate go either, but I don't see any reason it wont happen)

The position is in Dun Laoghaire (2 mins from the DART)

I am looking for a part-time weekday person so a student would be Ideal. A student with a serious interest in Business applications and systems would suit even better.

I have been given the task of looking for ways to increase sales and impact on our database. This is a great way I feel. I have no Idea how much to pay someone.

But I will be having a meeting with the boss on Monday and he will give me some guidance here but I suspect that 9 euro per hour is a fair amount and it will be suggested wage.

Finally to the persons that are interested, this is an opportunity to learn about high end storage networking ( fibre channel, SAN, NAS, Backup, clustering, replication, Virtualisation etc etc)
    and may look good on the ol' CV.

PM or reply here

Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Any idea what the hours willbe? I live fairly close to town and college is in town, so time of start would be dodgy probably since you're phoning existing customers, have plenty of experiance in the field anyway, worked on newbus for last few months. PM me with any details.

Advertisement