Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus a7n8x2.0 Delux

• 04-09-2003 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Asus a7n8x2.0 Delux
    hey all, friend of mine is having a problem with one of these and i can't seem to figure out what's wrong + the asus site is of no help. i've tried flashing the bios with the latest version and it's not working. the processor keeps reverting back to 1400mhz. it's an athlon xp 3000+ (400fsb). when i flash the bios it's reads it at xp 3000+ but after about 4 - 5 reboots it no longer reads it as this!!! and it's only using the ram 100mhz and when it does run normally it says 200 (quick question on this, does this mean it's running at 100mhz or 100% not too sure havn't gotten around to reading that part of the manual since it's at the guys house :P!) Anyone know what the problem might be? Have tried 2 different fans incase one was faulty and causing the processor to overheat/downclock to make it cooler (if possable). Kinda stumpted on this.
    Thanks,
    Rob

oh yeah and the bios update program sucks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by BoB_BoT
    and when it does run normally it says 200 (quick question on this, does this mean it's running at 100mhz or 100% not too sure
    Originally posted by BoB_BoT
    it's an athlon xp 3000+ (400fsb)

That's likely to be your problem. The XP3000+ runs at 166FSB not 200. You are overclocking to 200 and some part of your hardware doesn't like this (memory maybe - is it 3200DDR or higher?) and bios resets itself to default (100FSB). Try clocking at 166FSB and see does this sort your problem?

Then if this works you can increase FSB in small steps until the system gets unstable. Then move back to last stable level. BEWARE though that overclocking can severely damage your system if you are either unlucky or do not know what you are doing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Originally posted by unkel
    That's likely to be your problem. The XP3000+ runs at 166FSB not 200. You are overclocking to 200 and some part of your hardware doesn't like this (memory maybe - is it 3200DDR or higher?) and bios resets itself to default (100FSB). Try clocking at 166FSB and see does this sort your problem?
    :P i can't believe i didn't notice that :P! That very well could be the problem. I'll have to wait till I seem him again to try and fix it. That would explain the mainboard saying the system has become unstable due to overclocking :P!
    I'll let ya know how I get on. Thanks again.

OH yeah, the memory is pc3200.

Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

:) yey, it worked, I still can't believe I missed that :P! thanks for the help unkel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Glad to help u out m8 :cool:

Advertisement